• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 545 Total Views

Poll

Question: So do you get along with your Neighbors?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

Never

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Since one of the post. I was thinking about Neighbors and want to know from you ladies. Does any of you get along with yours?

Here was mine:

Last weekend on Sunday. I went across the street to my neighbors house because her 7 year old son was having a Birthday party. Jaden played on the Jumper thingy that she rented for the party. Before everyone got there She asked me if I could watch her 4 month old son on Monday (the next day), because her mom is sick and can't watch him. I was going to tell her No, but my husband told her "Sure, Moni has nothing to do that day".........DICK.......................so I said sure. Then she asked How much I would charge. I was going to tell her $45.00 because it would be from 5am to 4pm. But my husband opened his damn mouth and said I would do it for free......DICK.......

Later that night he apologized to me for opening his month and asked me not to kill him in his sleep.........I told him he better keep one eye opened. hahaha

Well Monday came and it was OK. The baby was good and my son liked to play with the baby. I hope she doesn't think I can do this all the time.

So do you get along with your Neighbors? and if so Does your Neighbors ask you to watch their kid/s?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tat2edmommyof2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I get along ok with our neghbors I suppose i mean I don't really hold any resentment towrds them but I would never ask them to watch my kids or expect them to ask me. In all honesty I don't even remember the wifes name and only know the hubby and the daughters. Sometime my Lily will go over their and play with her daughter but it's only for short periods of time and I always feel awkward about it. I've offered for her to come over here instaed but that has'nt happened.

I've never really known any of my neighbors beyond the hi how are you and the courtesy wave except ofr once. I lived in a set of town homes back in North Jersey that had connected porches in the back to the right and an 8 foot prvacy fence to the left(those neighbrs NEVER left the house, EVER). it worked out perfectly...the neighbors to the right had kids, one was another SAHM with a little girls Shi's age...everybody smoked, hung out, we'd bbq together, play video games, go out together... I can think of few occasions we even used the front door to visit. I still talk to the other mommy all the time and consider her one of my best friends, like she'lll be in my wedding, lol.

Wicartic
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Well the 7 year old that had the birthday always comes over when we are outside. Every time we are outside. It's OK to a point. I just feel like I'm watching him every time and the parents never ask me if it is OK. Well another to a point.... I would like it if they asked me,if it is OK. If that makes sense?

Plus, I have an issue with the son, well with the parents......because what their son says sometimes to my 3 year old. Like for instance my 3 year old gave him a flower and he said to my son, "I'm not going to marry you, Fag." I almost came to the point of Yelling at him. WHY say that?????????????????

tat2edmommyof2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Because a large portion of society has forgotten how to raise children... And in the proccess have lost their own manners, sense of respect for others, and have become totally self absorbed. 

MaMaLaLa369
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:06 PM

i get along with my neighbors, but we really don't know them very well. nobody has kids, so no one comes here and we don't go visit them. there is one lady who lives kinda behind us (we have a private road that runs along one side of our house, and she lives on that road. the house sits right behind us) she is super nice, and her husband. if we are outside and she is going to the mailbox or driving home, she will stop and chit chat with us. she has told us numerous times to let her know if we ever need anything, and i would trust her to that (although i haven't any need to be met yet). 

wicartic, i'd be peeved at your neighbors too- especially if that's the kind of filth that comes out of their son's mouth. if it were me, i would tell him he needs to go home or learn to be nice. your son is way too impressionable at this age. my nephew is almost 4 and he picks up so much stuff it's unreal. he will hear one bad thing and remember it, and say it at the most inopportune times, too. i don't want that to happen to you! plus, that kid needs to learn respect- he shouldn't be coming over every time you guys want to go play outside.

Wicartic
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM

This week especially after Jaden wakes up from his nape, we go visit my husband at his work. So, I don't have to deal with the 7 year old coming over. I'm not Prejudice at all and I want to teach my son respect for all types of people. I just don't want that kid to ruin what I and my husband wants to teach Jaden.

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

i get along with my neighbors, but we really don't know them very well. nobody has kids, so no one comes here and we don't go visit them. there is one lady who lives kinda behind us (we have a private road that runs along one side of our house, and she lives on that road. the house sits right behind us) she is super nice, and her husband. if we are outside and she is going to the mailbox or driving home, she will stop and chit chat with us. she has told us numerous times to let her know if we ever need anything, and i would trust her to that (although i haven't any need to be met yet). 

wicartic, i'd be peeved at your neighbors too- especially if that's the kind of filth that comes out of their son's mouth. if it were me, i would tell him he needs to go home or learn to be nice. your son is way too impressionable at this age. my nephew is almost 4 and he picks up so much stuff it's unreal. he will hear one bad thing and remember it, and say it at the most inopportune times, too. i don't want that to happen to you! plus, that kid needs to learn respect- he shouldn't be coming over every time you guys want to go play outside.

lilysmom2607
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I just moved into this neighborhood so I don't really know anyone yet, since it's winter there isn't really any socializing going on.  The people that live next store have a little boy a couple months younger than my daughter.  I talked to her twice and she seemed nice enough, she told me to come over someday and we could get the kids together, that was around christmas so I didn't have a lot of time.  now every time I see her she won't even look at me, my husband and I have both said hi to her and she just ignores us.  If I am going outside and she is out there or ready to come out she'll go right back in.  I have no idea why this woman hates us so much.  I mean our walls are really thin maybe they heard us say something they didn't like, but even that it's not like we sit around talking about killing dogs or anything.  I don't really care but it's just so weird that these people hate us for no reason.

tat2edmommyof2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Maybe she just took offense to you not taking her up on her invte immediately and is being super immature about it...

lilysmom2607
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Quoting tat2edmommyof2:

Maybe she just took offense to you not taking her up on her invte immediately and is being super immature about it...

Yeah maybe that's it.  But it was weird when she asks me to come over sometime, it was more like she was just being polite and not really sincere.  And if that is it and she is ignoring us over that than I don't think I could handle being friends with her anyway. Oh well I'll just take the high road and continue to say hi and be neighborly.

Wicartic
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Yep that's all you have to do in that case.

Quoting lilysmom2607:

Quoting tat2edmommyof2:

Yeah maybe that's it.  But it was weird when she asks me to come over sometime, it was more like she was just being polite and not really sincere.  And if that is it and she is ignoring us over that than I don't think I could handle being friends with her anyway. Oh well I'll just take the high road and continue to say hi and be neighborly.

RJSMOMMA
by Group Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

ok believe it or not I got one neighbor who is an ingham county sherriff and on the otherside of me is a preacher. the cop dont have kids, but hes friendly waves says hi to the kids when they go on bike rides stuff like that, the preacher and his wife are a little older his kids are older then me but he has kids that go over all the time, we talk more often like when we get his mail by accident and the man cuts his lawn like 6x a day during the summer (im not exagarating SP) and the lawns out here are like 5 acers, its wierd but there cool. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)