Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

My husband got orders to Korea so my daughter and i are moving home to Colorado next month. I need moving boxes. I've posted on freecycle, craigslist and even my myspace group... no reponse. So i' thought i'd check on here too. Any one have any moving boxes they want to get rid of?  I'm starting to get frantic i know it's a month away but we have alot to do and i'm one of those people who freaks out about stuff like this... lol.. Thanks ladies!!

please bump if you can't help... thanks!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hfaulkner
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

bump

EnglishMommy
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Will you be driving all you stuff down??? As if he's going to Korea for a Year I believe you can put your stuff in storage or they will move it if Faulkner is getting stationed up in Colorado when he returns. Have Faulkner (sorry just used to calling him that) ask the guys at work as I think two new guys have come in recently and may still have their boxes.

Hope it helps.  

hfaulkner
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM
yeah we're driving it all. We have to do it ourselves because I could stay here but after Korea we're getting stationed in Italy. So there's no point for me to stay here by myself. I've asked him to ask around but I guess he just forgets...

EnglishMommy
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Lol well at the moment they are busy, but yeah they do forget.

Oh Italy that sounds cool, you excited???

kiowaqueen
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 4:52 PM

This was on free cycle today dont know if you seen it or not........

We ship and receive MANY items daily and would love for someone to get use from the boxes before they are hauled off. These are good thick boxes that would be great for moving or storage, and we hate to see so many thrown away each day.

Boxes will be broken down flat and will be available between the hours of 2-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday only. On Friday at 4 p.m., any remaining boxes will be trashed if not picked up that day, but check back the next week and there will be more!

Address to pick up boxes is: 500 Chestnut, in the Enterprise Building

Directions:

Drive into basement parking garage (service entrance) off of South 6th Street, continue down ramp into parking garage and you will see a loading dock to your right. They will be flattened in a stack up on the loading dock. If you come between these hours and there are not any boxes that means they have already been picked up, so please check back the following day.

Thank you and enjoy!

"Prepare For The Worst But ALWAYS Hope For The BEST"

CorriG
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM

My friends just came back from a three year tour at Aviano. It is an awesome assignment. Some things to keep in mind - I hear all of the housing is OFF-BASE. The housing is SMALL. Save your $$ for the heating oil! You will get COLA - and you can check how much online - but save it and be prepared to pay for the heating oil... It is easy to travel around Europe from there - and the base has some awesome trips - cheap! Enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)