Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was raped by my grandfather.

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 6939 Total Views

Hi Everyone I am knew to the group and thought I would share my story. I haven't talked about this for 12 years but lately I have been thinking about it and really needed to get it off my chest again. In December 1996 my paternal grandfather beganing rapeing me and it didn't end till Sept 1997. I was 11. My parents seperated when I was 5 because my dad would beat my mother he even beat her so bad while she was pregnant with my little sister that he killed my little sister. My dad got weekend visitation then he meet this woman that he is now married to and he stopped coming to see me and my little brother so his mother would take us for the weekends. She worked nights at a hospital so she wouldn't be there at night when my grandfather would rape me. Sometimes my grandfather would even rape me during the day while I was outside playing in their field. In Sept 21997 I finally told and my grandmother kicked him out and filed for divorce. On my 12 birthday (Oct 1997) my mom and stepdad took me to press charges on him. He was arrested and charged with Capital Rape he served 3 days in jail and thats it. The trial kept being postponed and when we would go to the court house my father's wife's ex husband would bring him to the court house. My father never believed me so he isn't part of my life or my childrens life. Just recently my ex husband has moved real close to where my grandfather now lives so now I am worried about my 2 year old daughter. Thankfully my ex husband knows what happened to me so he can protect my children.

by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ShalaneAnn
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Ok Just an update. Yesterday April 5, 2010 My grandfather drowned. He was 71. I am finally getting Justice!!!

tjemmom
by Group Owner on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Wow. I guess what goes around really does come around!!

ShalaneAnn
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Yep, I really believe now it does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)