Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HORRENDOUS post-secondary program that advertises itself as a

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 855 Total Views
1 mom liked this

lifeskills program.  It is called New Directions for Young Adults and is in Deerfield Beach, Florida.  We had the misfortune of believing what we were told by the owner only to find out that the entire program is nothing more than a scam that takes parent's money.  He combines teens that have aspergers with older people that are going through drug and alchohol rehab, as well as gambling addictions.  They claim they test your child and get to know them and it is all a huge lie. It is run by an irresponsible staff.  The staff sits around most of the day as do the kids.  It is not a safe environment.  We also were told by a few of the teens there, that they tried to jump off the roof.  Everything they claim is untrue, their website has lies in it as do the literature.

When your children turn 18 and you are seeking post-secondary experience, STAY away from New Directions, it was a terrible place, run by an owner who spends most of his time on the World Poker Tour.

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dmsfr
by Group Owner & PITA on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG, that is awful! Did you complain to the board of health or report them to the state?

dedesky
by Admin DeEtta on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd really report this.  Heck contact the local news station and ask if they would check it out and do a report on it.  I'd have to do something!

ariannajolie
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I plan to!  They also owe us money and we have proof of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)