Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He shaved by himself!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 705 Total Views
4 moms liked this
My soon to be 15 year old son shaved his beard, mustache all by himself today!

He started growing a thin mustache about 3 years ago. About a year ago the beard started. Got fuller during the past few months. I got him his own flexible razors and shaving gel for his sensitive skin. And a dedicated towel just for his face. That way he wouldn't have to share with his grandpa.

I've been helping him shave in front of a mirror so he could see what I was doing. Once in awhile he would do parts himself. Today I got him during the right mood to do it himself. I set up his things on the sink and told him he needed to shave and that it was best to do it before it grew too thick. A couple of hours later I found him at the sink. Only his sis and I were home so I asked her not to disturb him. When he was done we told him we were proud of him. He only got one little nick, which I think was a small pimple.

I feel like dancing!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momw3bys1grl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Awesome!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nancylynn
by Admin Nancy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yay!  That's wonderful!  It's the little things that please us asd moms.  I was so happy when Shannon started being able to shave her legs without cutting herself too badly.  I totally get how you feel!

dmsfr
by Group Owner & PITA on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM

That's fantastic! I'm jealous. I wish my guy would. 

saltycoqui
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nancylynn:

Yay!  That's wonderful!  It's the little things that please us asd moms.  I was so happy when Shannon started being able to shave her legs without cutting herself too badly.  I totally get how you feel!

I know that feeling too. I also have a soon to be 17 yr old girl, young lady, who started shaving her legs too, about 5 years ago. 

I really like the flexible Schick razors. 

Keara321
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I love hearing this kind of story even though my autistic son is only 7. That's great!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
efeyer25
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

dancingWoohoo! That's Awesome!

MuseCBS
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM

that's is so cool CONGRATS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)