Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His own language...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

My 14yr old son(dx aspergers at 5) has started making up his own language. I'm kind of perplexed since he chooses to talk to people in that language and I'm having to correct him and remind him that no one understands what he's saying..anyone else ever deal with this?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dmsfr
by Group Owner & PITA on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM

That's interesting. Did he say why he is doing it? My son and his friends have code words that they use but they did it together.

SCADMom
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM

When I asked him he just says he likes doing if...I'm going to ask his therapist about it. 

Quoting dmsfr:

That's interesting. Did he say why he is doing it? My son and his friends have code words that they use but they did it together.

dmsfr
by Group Owner & PITA on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Klingon is a made up language. So is ubbi-dubbi from Zoom. He may have just seen it on a TV show.

divinitymaya
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My 14 year old also does this.  What I thought was interesting about it was that he corrects the way people speak english as well.  He is very particular about language and it is one of his "interests"  right now.  He will even mimic different accents.  JRR Tolkien created new languages, cultures, and societies in his books.  Maybe he will be a brilliant writer when he gets older.  I encourage him to write stories and translate them for people to read.  It is one of the few ways I am able to get into his mind and though processes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN