Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Erection issues with 13 yr old

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

My 13 yr old HFA son seems to be having alot of erections, and won't leave it alone. Not that his is doing something with it, he just won't leave it alone so it will go away. It doesn't bother him when or where this happens. He just keeps trying to re-adjust it, drawing more attention to himself. We keep telling him to find a private area to "wait it out" but he refuses, says "I'm fine", but it's very clear that he is not. Any suggestions?? p.s. this has been happening at school too and the teachers end up removing him from class.

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dmsfr
by Group Owner & PITA on Jul. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

So I think there are a couple of things you can do. He has a behavior that needs to be changed so some behavior mod may be needed. Some choices could be:

If you are in public, someone can take him to the car, take him to the bathroom or you can end the trip. If he can't control himself, then the adults will need to take control. My guess is that it is uncomfortable for him. So giving him the privacy he needs may help.

Give him something to do with his hands. Hand him things to carry. Don't let him throw them in the carriage.

Offer him a reward for keeping his hands off.

Something else may be to switch from briefs to boxers. We did this for mine at about that age and it helped. We also asked why he was doing it. He said he was afraid it would poke out and people would see. So we had to reassure him that it wouldn't happen.

jrmendes
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Thank you so much for the suggestions.....

dmsfr
by Group Owner & PITA on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Hey, if those don't work, I can always ask my son. Now that he's 16, he's always interested in giving his 2 cents. I already asked him if he remembered when and he said I embarassed him SO much by talking about it that he just stopped-lol. I did keep talking to him about it because I was embarassed for him when he would do it.

When he was in the 1st grade touching himself was his stim. Drove everyone nuts...Expecially when they did the 1st grade concert and he was touching himself the ENTIRE time...AND the video made its way to public TV. Mortified. So I let him watch it and that was the end of the stim until about 13. LOL. It gets better. It really does.

patnic
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I think I have read here before that tighter fitting underwear works, even the compression underwear works (holds it down).

Ugh.  Not looking forward to it.  My 9 year old has his hand in his pants all the time.  Ugh.

jrmendes
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM

We picked up some new boxers recently to give them a try....so far, it's not really helping. Although it's only been a few days. He used to tell us that it would get "stuck" on his leg when using the boxer briefs, so that is something we will have to wait out to see if it will work. We live in Central California, and right now it's way hot and humid, so the stickiness is happening to us all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)