Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The In Laws

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do you have a good relationship with your in laws?

My MIL and I have a pretty good relationship most of the time. We live 7 houses away from each other so we spend a good bit of time together, but we are both very opinionated so there are many subjects (politics, religion, ect) we try to stay away from b/c it usually ends up causing a big argument. If we disagree she will say that I don't like her but i do.

by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jmpalmer73
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM

my mil & i used to get along really well. her and my husband were estranged for many years and i could always see how much it bothered him whenever he would actually talk about her. so i decided they needed to be a family again and i got them to start talking again it was just a little here and there until we were all talking at least once a week if not more, then one day she decided she needed to say some things that were totally untrue and did nothing but cause a "family feud" all over again. i think she enjoys being lonely.

my husband says that my parents are his parents and that's the way it is. no one has a problem with it, they all get along most of the time

lilyrose73
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Well, I just realized that my MIL deleted me as a friend on facebook.  She must have done it today because we were still friends yesterday... I have no idea what the bug up her butt is now LOL... My FIL is great, MIL... not so much. 

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

Keegansmama05
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM

One set yes very close to. The other set we tried but it just hasn't worked out.

My DH's father's side we are close to, we have like minds and I get along with that MIL very well. She is actually DH's stepmom. I also get along really well with his stepsister and stepbrother, and so does DH. We moved here to be closer to them and so far it's been wonderful.

Dh's mom's side Oh. My. God. Drama. We lived close to them for 3 years and it was 2 years too long. The first year everyone was nice but the second one I got sick of going with the flow and there were quite a few arguements. We don't do thing the way my MIL thinks we should and DH isn't sentimental enough for her, but she favors his sister and her kids over ours. Hard to be sentimental about someone like that. When we moved here she threw a fit and really hasn't spoken to us or our children since. Nice huh? She's all good if you do what she wants you to, but the second you step out of line forget it. She also hates DH's dad and we are closer to him, I think it burned her ass we moved here to be closer to them. But I don't give fuck. Glad were gone. We are going to WONDERFUL holidays this year!

NEWMOMOF1
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 10:35 PM

YEAH.

DoulaAngie
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I haven't spoken to my MIL since April. We were close at first. Then she accused me of malnourishing my boys years ago. Since then it has been on and off. I have left it to my husband to deal with her. Recently my husband and I split. He went to go live with her after not having any communication with her for a year.  I find it kind of funny that he had to go live with her and tell her what he has been up to and why he has not been talking to her. Now needs her place to live in. I asked him how it was going with his mom last week. He said, she won't stop talking to him and is worried about the boys. Yet she hasn't asked to see them in the 2wks he has been living there.

So much for being so worried about them. oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)