Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else's kiddo..............

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM
  • 3 Replies

scared of the elf that helps santa?  We have a little person that is the elf for our local santa and my daughter (who is 6 years old) is scared of him.  She doesn't understand why he didn't get big like other adults.  I tried to explain that there are people of all shapes and sizes.  Now she won't go see Santa because of his little elf and I don't know how to get her past this fear. She wasn't scared of him last year, but this year is completely different.  :o(

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
owensmom34
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM

My oldest used to be scared of the Oompa Loompa's from Willy Wonka.  He would have nightmares.  My son was around the same age as your daughter.  

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM

My dd,16, wouldn't go near any characters until she was 5. The Easter bunny was the first character she sat on the lap of. We were shopping yesterday and the mall we were at had a guy on stilts and someone dressed as a snowman walking around. They kind of creeped my dd and me out.

thankfulmum
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM

This is kind of a fun & easy craft that I did with my son yesterday.  Ever since we finished it he's been telling everyone that "Colby made an ELF!!!"  Maybe it would help?

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/Xmas/mpaperelf.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)