Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The bible (try not to cause drama)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:29 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I was looking stuff up about pagan holidays, and amazingly most holidays are paga related. So I found one reference to the bible paga Jeremiah 10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

"Thus saith the Lord, ŒLearn NOT the way of the heathen, and be NOT dismayed at the signs of heaven (the queen of heaven, Isis, worshiped by the heathen), for the heathen are dismayed at them.

"For the customs of the people are futile: for one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.

"They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

There could be NO more specific description of a present-day Christmas, than this.bnm                               

This is facinating, there is a whole bunch on how pagans celebrated a holiday in December. This is so interesting. I have to go cause I can no longer see one side of my screen cause of a stupid advertisement                         

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM

It is often mistaken that cutting down an evergreen tree and bringing into the home was a Pagan tradition.  But, that actually would not align with Pagan beliefs because they protect nature, not harm it.  They did decorate living trees in their natural environment and use boughs from the trees for decoration, but did not cut them down. 

dmesterse
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I feel a strong pull towards paganism, but I am a christian and something inside me says to stick with it. I choose celtic christianity which is more of a mix of the 2 religeons and I feel more comfortable that way.

unamamafeliz
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:12 AM

well go with what the Lord wants, i im a christian person and just ask the Lord what to do, it would be easy for me to tell u what to do but probably is not what the Lord want from you. We all have different experience with the Lord, i can tell you that i don't celebrate Christmas and other holidays but that's personal. May the Lord guide you and show you what He wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)