Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Christmas gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you buy clothes for Christmas gifts or just toys, electronics, jewelry, ect?

by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunleighmama
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:12 AM

my dsd's are now into fashion at 9 and 10 so yes i have bought them clothes, shoes, bags and scarfs this year.  they  all get a pair of pjs christmas eve to wear christmas morning.  for my little guy i have not bought him clothes, more toys and such he is 3, but my two little girls got pjs and the baby got wool pants.  so i guess more for the girls then my little guy, but i would if there was something he wanted.

baby gifttoddler boytoddler girl

~Leigh mommy to

Camryn Grace 12-10-09~Jaxen William 5-11-06~Izabel Milyn 11-15-03

reindeer 1reindeer 2reindeer 2sleigh

owensmom34
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I bought mainly toys for the little kids and electronics and boardgames for my tweens.  I went to abercrombie & fitch for a couple t-shirts for  my oldest.  My kids don't really like to get clothes. 

MommaBear_0406
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Toys & Electronics here.  I refuse to get my daughters clothes as Christmas Gifts, I remember when I was little how I was all excited to open a present only to see it was just clothes.  I was so disappointed!

littlemomma30
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM

i do not buy clothes for chirstmas i do that all the rest of the year. Each boy got one big present. Then some little ones  this year

Nichole2270
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I buy clothes also

peg73
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM

that question reminds me of a funny christmas story.

we would go to my in-laws for christmas when my son was little.  midway through him opening presents, he gets the clothes that they got him. as he is opening he says "what the hell is this" while he is saying this grandparents and i are talking not really fully listening to what Zach is saying, so we said what did you say he repeated his comment, i just started laughing,  after that year the grandparents handed the closthes gifts to me.  the best part is we got it on video. 

sharcura
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Yes most of the time I will buy them atleast one outfit each. Plus the other stuff!!

joshbellamom
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM

It's funny that you bring that up, I guess I have to say no I don't buy clothes for Christmas. For their birthdays I do, but it seems like Christmastime I buy toys only. Probably for the same reason I buy them clothes throughout the year and I ask others to buy them clothes. Guess I keep the fun stuff for me to buy for them on the most exciting day of the year for kids. : )

natekenna
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 6:33 AM

I try to buy at least a couple of shirts or jeans.. but mostly toys! Dd got jeans, and shirts but she is only 18 months, but ds who is 7, got shirts (which he needed) but mostly again Wii games and toys.

Funny.. my dad called and asked for ideas for dd... I said she can use some clothes.. he yelled and said clothes he can buy thru the year, Christmas is for toys!

corantab
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 6:38 AM

My oldest daughter is 14 so real jewlery started 2 years ago.  We get some cute initial pieces or something like that at kohls for all 3 girls.  this year is much more simple.  Hopefully, we will be fully rebounded by birthday times and will go a lot more generous then.  

We also do electronics and games, books it depends on what looks good.  we pretty much always include a family game of some type that we can all play together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN