Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Artists?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Do you have a favorite artist or piece of art?

by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shymom24
by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I love love love the Mona Lisa!!! I know most people get creaped out by her but I seriously just adore her!

Angelmomov3boyz  created this wonderful pic for me!

Living life through the eyes of a child!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Quoting shymom24:

I love love love the Mona Lisa!!! I know most people get creaped out by her but I seriously just adore her!

My dd was in France with a school trip in October. I told her I wanted a picture of the Mona Lisa (if it was at the Louvre) and a print or something by Monet. She brought me back a post card of the Mona Lisa and a calendar of Monet's work.

singlemomof2nok
by on Dec. 29, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting shymom24:

My dd was in France with a school trip in October. I told her I wanted a picture of the Mona Lisa (if it was at the Louvre) and a print or something by Monet. She brought me back a post card of the Mona Lisa and a calendar of Monet's work.

I bet that was an awesome experience for your daughter.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 29, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting shymom24:

I bet that was an awesome experience for your daughter.

She loved it and now she wants to live in Paris, of course.

HaleoAlau
by on Dec. 29, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Quoting shymom24:

We were in Paris a little over  a year ago. I cried when I saw the Mona Lisa - one because I was 38 and finally fulfulling my dream of seeing Paris, and two because my Dad is a lover of the fine arts; he studied art in college and wound up a dental tech.  He visited us when we were stationed in Spain, but his health has been poor enough that he was limited to that single visit and was unable to travel elsewhere in Europe. He's now battling (incurable) pancreatic cancer.  He would have loved to see her too.

shymom24
by on Dec. 29, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I am so sorry to hear of you father.  I bet he would have loved to see her. She is amazing. I too wish to see her for real someday.

Quoting HaleoAlau:

Quoting shymom24:

We were in Paris a little over  a year ago. I cried when I saw the Mona Lisa - one because I was 38 and finally fulfulling my dream of seeing Paris, and two because my Dad is a lover of the fine arts; he studied art in college and wound up a dental tech.  He visited us when we were stationed in Spain, but his health has been poor enough that he was limited to that single visit and was unable to travel elsewhere in Europe. He's now battling (incurable) pancreatic cancer.  He would have loved to see her too.

Angelmomov3boyz  created this wonderful pic for me!

Living life through the eyes of a child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN