Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you still try to have kids in your late 30's?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM
  • 49 Replies

I was just thinking with me going to college and then going for my Bachelor's in Nursing and trying to get a nursing job after i graduate and I'm 31 yrs old now and my man works all day long and i only have 1 daughter should i try to have another? I want 2 more kids but that will put alot of my nursing plans on hold cause i would have to stop working again cause i have no one to baby sit my child until they reach school age just like i had to do with my daughter. I didn't go back to work until she was 2 so i was out of work for 2 years. I'm worried cause i feel like my biological clock is ticking now :-) I always thought i would be finish having kids at 30 but things don't always turn out they way you plan. I just want to live my dreams as a nurse and maybe even go on to medical school to be a mid-wife but i just don't see any time to stop and have children again. Any suggestions?

Tiffanni
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soniap04
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I think it's great that you decided to go back to school! I have four children and I have learned that you cannot plan when it's the "right time" to have another baby. Stressing may only lessen your chances of becoming pregnant, and besides you have other responsibilites in your life -currently- that consumes you. If I happened to get pregnant now (I'm 32) ten-years from now I would worry about age...just go with the flow. Continue on with the betterment of your education, and flow with it. We are women, and we can handle any challenge that comes our way. Your situation is not the same as it was with your first child...you are more mature, wiser, and full of experience : )

Continue on with your plans right now and you will be fine.

I may not know you personally, but you are a woman and that's all I need to know. You have massive support right here in this online community to keep you mentally stable and strong.

I did a lot of babbling, but I hope I helped.

christan723
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:41 AM

you can always go to school you wont always be able to have children. dont live with regret

5ftgoddess
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:44 AM

I had my last at 32. She was a surprise and I realy didn't want to have kids after I hit 30,but she's really a great joy. I think it depends on you and your mindset. I know I'm alot more mentally able to deal with a temper-mental 2yo now at 34 than I was at 26. Age dosen't matter but it sure has its benefits. 

Godgaveme4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:54 AM

I probably would not try on purpose.  But if God blessed me with another child i would be very happy.

lovemykids73
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Sure, why not?  I'm 36 and having my third - had my second when I was 32.  But if you plan to go to medical school I wouldn't because you will not be able to devote enough time to small children with all the studying, working and crazy hours they would demand of you.  I always dreamed of going to medical school, but decided to have a family instead.  It was a decision I thought long and hard about and I have no regrets.  Just make sure you think it out and do what is right for you!

CafeMom Tickers
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I was 32 when I had my last baby. I personally wouldn't try to have a baby in my later 30's b/c I have have the 3 I planned to have. However, if I were to be blessed with a later in life baby I would be okay with it.

SoKamele
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Yes, we're trying for one more and I'm 38.

I had my son when I was 35. 

Woman's HeartJESUS LOVES YOU

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I don't know if I would still try to have kiddos in my late 30s.   

mom2brian
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Had my son at 30 and was done.  Then at 33 I found out I was pregnant and will turn 34 right after she is born.

CafeMom Tickers
navyjen
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Heck yeah.  I just had my daughter at 35 and I would do it all over again if I could get my husband to agree.     

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)