Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you find out?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

When you were pregnant did you find out the sex of your baby?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2colbyj
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Yes both times. My daughter was actually very uncooperative so I went and paid at one of those fancy ultrasound boutiques just to find out the sex. I'm a planner so not knowing drove me crazy.

krystlewv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Yes, and I wish I had not because I wanted a girl so bad that when the tech told me I was having another boy I got upset and made my DH feel like crap. I didnt mean it, but I was so disapointed.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
UACmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM

No, I have 3 kids and I did not want to know on any of them.  I will say though...my heart knew what each of them were by the time I had them.

mcerra
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Yes with my 1st and my 4th.  MY 2nd and 3rd I wanted to be surprised even though I knew in my heart they were boys.  I can tell the way I carry.

SweetlilM
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Yes I did with both. Part of me wishes I hadn't because as they say "there are few surprises in life."

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Quoting UACmom:

No, I have 3 kids and I did not want to know on any of them.  I will say though...my heart knew what each of them were by the time I had them.

That's how I was, I didn't find out for any of them.

When I had my third we asked what it was b/c our doctor was so used to everyone already knowing she didn't automatically announce that it was a boy.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I did with both of mine

Mommaplzzzz
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

LOL I asked to know for both babies and was told my son was gonna be a girl, and my girl was gonna be a boy.. So I asked yet I got surprises...

Pollymom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I found out with both of my kids. I needed to plan and buy things before they got here so I had to know.

Funny question....with my son, I knew he was a boy. I just knew it and so when we had our u/s I was happy.

With my daughter, I suspected she was a girl because I didn't get that feeling of being sure of the gender. With her 20 week u/s the tech couldn't see her gender, she wouldn't move into a good position. I pretty much knew she was a girl then. Sure enough, at a later u/s we saw that she was a girl!

But if we have a third child, we both want to be surprised. I figure I have everything I need for a boy or girl so a surprise would be nice. LOL

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM

At first I didn't want to know but of course DH was like "we're finding out!"  I was torn because I kinda wanted it to be a surprise.  But as time went along, I started thinking maybe I should find out so in the end, we did find out what we were having.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)