Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone feel like they are not a good enough mom sometimes.....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

I must admit I like to know things, do things right, learn from mistakes, learn from others but sometimes I don't know if I am doing the best that I can.  Sometimes I don't know what to do and sometimes I cry when they cry and sometimes at the beginning I wanted to give my ds to the mailman so I could go to the bathroom.  I just want to say I am not depressed but do see a therapist professionally for anxiety for past 2 years, before people are wondering about that.  I just wanted to know how all you new and experienced moms handled mixed feelings and doubt.  by the way I am a new mom of a 11 month old very active and determined boy.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I think that is the norm. I think we all feel that we can do more.  Besides you can always do more.  No one is ever going to be perfect.  I try to do everything for my son.  I make sure he is enrolled in several activities, that he has friends, and play groups, etc.  Still he complains he is lonely.  Plus, he is not the best behaved child.  At times I feel I could just walk away and then at other times I love him fiercely and would protect him from anything.  Like I said before I think this is the norm.  I run a group for SAHMs here in my town and we all feel this way.

Are you done with one?  Is your one a boy?  Want to chat with other Moms who are raising the only boy?  Then check out the group  Raising the Only Boy - CafeMom

Please ask me about car seats and how your child can be safer in one.  I am now a CPS Tech (car seat tech).

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I still feel that way about my DS who is 23 months. He is high needs and so difficult. When he was smaller I wanted to give him to the fire station for someone else to take care of. I actually packed his bags and told my DH that I was dropping him off there. He continues to test my patience every day. He is not as bad but he still needs me all the time and doesn't sleep very well. He spent the first 6 months of his life crying and only wanting me to hold him. I had many and I mean ,many terrible thoughts about him and sometimes still do. Do I think I am a bad mom? Not really I do some days but he seems happy and well adjusted so I must be doing something right. Am I super mom? umm no but I just try to do the best I can. Most days the house is not clean and dinner is never ready when my hubby gets home but my DS seems happy and I guess that is what matters.

by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I know how you feel...I would imagine all moms feel this way at some point or another. I definitely feel like I'm not a good mom sometimes.

I've had bad days with my 2 1/2 year old son and 6 month old daughter. She's teething and so her fussiness and my son's energy are just too much some days. I 've had those days when my son gets into something I've told him 100 times not to....and I've spanked him and yelled at him and put him down for a nap.

And then when the house calms down I cry because I feel like I'm gonna explode. Then I lay there and think what a horrible mom I am and how I don't deserve these great kids and why can't I have more patience like my own mom, etc....all these thoughts run through my mind and make me feel guilty and upset. All my family lives out of state so I don't have any close females to vent to or hang out with.

Sometimes I just have to cry and let that frustration out. I usually feel a little better after that.

by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 1:22 AM

That is such a normal feeling. I have 3 kids 16,13 & 8 I still have days like that. I just have to think that other then my oldest having crappy grades they are turning out to be great kids and if I was such a bad mom then they wouldnt be so good.

Shanon D

Face Book addict

This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination!

by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I think we all have days when it feels like we are not doing a good enough job.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)