Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you dye your own hair or go into the salon?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

or are you lucky and don't need to dye your hair at all?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshbellamom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I get gray hair so I definitely need to get my hair dyed. I go to Ulta Salon to get my hair colored. I'm actually going tomorrow, my hair is a light to medium brown and for the first time I'm going dark it will be a dark brown but almost looking black. Wish me luck.

gardenchic
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM

i wish,,, dye my own!

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I have a friend that is SAHM that does hair on occasion (she is licensed).  So she cuts and dyes my hair for a great price.

Mine looks to brassy when I do it myself. 

LynnS423
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I dye it at home now since it was getting too expensive at the salon.  Plus it took way too long for what I'd have done.  I've had grays since mid-20's and don't want to look like an "old mama" when my first child is born.

CafeMom Tickers
sunnidee2010
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I've done both, depending on our financial situation. I prefer to have it done at a salon, which is what I've been doing for the last few months. I have had gray for a while. When I color it myself it turns out looking really brassy and I don't like it...but it's still better than roots. (I have dk. blonde hair and at the salon I get blonde highlights)

betsyab
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I do it myself.  I like to go to the salon for highlights/lowlights, but I don't think it seems to last as long as when I do it myself.

Amanda_Upspring
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I do it myself with henna.

sweetie1107
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I do it myself although I would rather go to the salon and have it done.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:38 PM

My husband is a licensed barber (but doesn't work as one) and my MIL has her own shop, so my hubby does my hair at his mom's house.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

i use the temporary color and do my own every 6 weeks or so to give the color a little gold tone and to hide my gray patch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)