Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you recycle your old books?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you give them to charity, friends, schools?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbs_mommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I recycle them where ever I can b/c they take up so much damn space and I'm unlikely to read them again :-)

Most recently I learned that the nail salon by me has a book swap --am hoping to pawn off a bag or two on them.

reading

Do you bring home the bacon while he fries it up in the pan?  Check out the Working Moms with SAHDs group!

mom2ryneandsam
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I will give some to my mil to read but other than that I keep thm in my bookcase cause I re-read them from time to time if I don't make it to the library that week

RTJMZA
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I go to www.paperbackswap.com .  

Amanda_Upspring
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM

No, I hoard them. LOL

Seriously, I'll give away jewelry before I let go of my books.

debbymichelle
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM

PaperbackSwap.com is awesome!  It costs you a few dollars to mail your books to other members who request them (like, literally $2-3), but in return you get credits to request books from other members which you then get absolutely free!  I've had several of my "wish list" items granted to me; most recently some Dave Ramsey finance software!  I've also recieved many brand new books, and even journals, even though the site is meant for gently used books.  Sorry if I'm gushing, but paperbackswap has been really good for me  :o)  I'm getting rid of the old books I don't need, and while I'm still an avid reader, I haven't had to buy a book in over a year!  (btw, my screenname is the same over there as it is here, in case you care to give me the referral - don't know if I get anything for it or not - or request me to be my friend on the pbs site :o)

- Debby              happy new year 2010 

Spending less time online (ironic, I know); More time being organized;
Cutting the surplus; Increasing the family time;

Getting out of debt; & doing what I can
to Further God's Kingdom

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I belong to a book trading site. What I can't get rid of there get sold at yard sales or given away on freecycle.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM

i stopped buying books a long time ago... library only for me.

LMJ1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I trade the at swaptree.com

I only keep the ones I really really loved and will read over and over again.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I usually donate mine to the library. 

ajnnatesmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM

old books?  what are old books?  lol  I keep all mine.  I do give the kids' books they've out grown to either some friends of mine or put in the donation box here in town.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)