Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SIL rant. I'm sorry to any one who's guilty of this.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

First off, I have already apologized to my sister and her husband if I have been guilty of any of this. 

My husband's oldest sister is a PAIN IN MY BEHIND!!!! We currently live 50 miles from the city. MY husband works in the city. His mother lives there, his oldest sister lives with her. When the weather is bad, and we get stuck in the city, we stay at my mother-in-law's house. I have absolutely no problem with her.  The sister who I have no respect for because of the way she acts, makes more money than DH and his mother combined, yet can not manage to pay her bills or for any of the food she consumes that DH or his mom buys, and one of the three of us cook. The woman doesn't even wash the dishes, and makes snarky comments when I do.

First off, and I'm not quite sure why this bothers me so much, she uses DH's and my pet names for our girl. I mean, I wouldn't even call her "wootsie" which is DH's pet name for her. why would she even think to use it. I call DD "peaches" because of the peach fuzz she had after a few months. I'm not quite so upset when she uses it, but it still irks me. but, I've taken to calling her peachy pie. I know some people would frown on pet names, but it's just something we do.

Second, the first time we had to spend the night this season, we were getting the air mattress set up and the woman was up our butts so much that I couldn't even turn around. She  had to get clothes for the next day that were piled up in that room. Her room has the biggest closet. she has started to pile up her stuff in the "spare room" so much so that we have to move her stuff out of the  way EVERY time we have to stay over.  

Third, the woman is constantly trying to get DD to come sit in her chair with her.  The woman is so lazy. if DD is playing with something and SIL wants to play with her, she tells DD to come sit with her.

This is the worst part: I can't say anything. if I do, everyone gets P-Oed at me except DH.  urg

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fairymom2316
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM

What if you have your husband say something to her? I know that these are not the only things that bother you about her, I'm guessing this has been going on a while.

jeanellensmommy
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM

oh, a long time he won't say anything. His family won't address issues that bother them. they just talk about it to other members of the family. DH is the only male, if either of us say anything we just get the silent treatment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)