Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nail Colour

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have always liked to paint my nails (even though I don't usually have time to do it), and I have a collection of nail colours from standard reds & pinks, to a variety of blues, purples, greens, sparkles, etc...

But now that I'm 30, I feel like it may not be appropriate for me to keep doing my nails in "young" colours.  But reds & pinks are so limiting, and having a lot of red & pink clothes in my closet means my wardrobe is limited when I'm wearing a red or pink nail colour because I don't want my nails to mismatch with my outfit.  I want to colour my nails to match my mood, or a specific outfit, or event or whatever, but I feel silly when I wear, shall we say, non-traditional nail colours. 

What do you think?  What colours do you (would you if you had the time :o) wear on your nails?

-Debby

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I don't like to wear polish on my fingernails b/c I just pick at it but I love to paint my toes. I use any and all colors. During warmer weather when I can wear flip flops and sandals the more wild and crazy the color the better.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM

i say do what you love.  No age to it!

me personally.... short and natural, but that is just my personality (and laziness)

Kim24kids
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Me personally like french manicures....or just painted natural clear... I also like pinks and it depends on the season.But age is no factor to me=)

Texan1993
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I usually just leave them natural, you know french tip so that way their pretty but they match everything too! 

LexxyMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM

When I do get the time to paint my nails, I go for whatever color jumps out at me at the moment!  (I'm almost 39).  I wear everything from red to blue, orange to black, pink to green, and every other color in between!!  :D   I love wild and outragous colors!! My favorites are in the purple shades!  :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)