• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get to shop alone?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  • 48 Replies

Or do you bring the kiddos with you when you grocery shop?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshbellamom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I try not to bring them with because they don't behave in the grocery store and my little one doesnt have any patience and doesn't like to sit for long. So if I am able to, I leave them with grandpa and he will watch them for me when I go. Otherwise I take them with and use the "I'll give you a quarter for the gumball machine if you behave in the store" method...it usually works for me. For my little one I just bring snacks and she does pretty good.

MommyToEthan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:28 AM

my son comes with me.   he's 3 and since i'm a sahm, i like to go during the day when it's not a busy. 

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

Nichole2270
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM

MOST OF THE TIME I GET TO GO BY MYSELF. wWTHOUT THE HUSBAND OR THE KIDS! IF THEY GO W/ ME THEN I ALWAYS SPEND WAY MORE.

cjsd1632
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Shop alone???? What's that. I very rarely get to shop for anything-groceries, clothes, etc. without have my husband or kids or both with me. It almost never fails.

CarrieZack
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM

My husband doesn't like to shop so he usually stays home (plus he's usually busy studying or tutoring on the weekends--he's a FT grad student) and my daughter (the 15 month old--my one and only) loves to people watch, so she does just fine coming with me. Doesn't need toys or snacks or anything! We do quite a bit of shopping together each weekend. She's in daycare during the week, so I like to spend as much time with her as possible.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Sometimes I get to shop alone, and other times I don't.  And if I don't I usually end up with more than I originally intended on getting. 

kmstockwell
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I usually go by myself after the kids are in bed or I bring the baby and wear her (she loves it and it makes her take an awesome nap).  Since I work fullt-time, options are limited but I try really hard not to take my 3 year old unless I am not in any kind of hurry because he is in the stage of asking for EVERYthing he sees and I have to spend the whole time explaining why we aren't buying everything the store sells.

LilBldSoccerMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM

When my kids were little "no" I never got to go alone, but I didn't mind my kids have always been good in the stores.  Now I babysit my Nephew during the weekdays.  Sometimes I take him, if it's really an emergency.  He's not a super great shopper, so if I do take him, I shop as quickly as possible and only go for a few things.  I now do most my shopping on Sat. with one of the kids.  DH keeps the other.

Mom of..... 
A beautiful and active (12
year old) girl, named Dacey. 
A handsome and math smart (8 year old) boy, named Corben.  
And I babysit my nephew, Dallas, (just turned 2)   *possibly autistic

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I prefer to go alone.  I don't mind taking 2 of our kids because they do behave, but the third couldn't behave if his life depended on it.

Terri

emarin77
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM

My husband does most of the food shopping and he brings our 19 month old son along too.  When we go to Target or the mall it is a family ordeal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)