Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting my period

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello,  I am wondering when people got their period after giving birth.  I am wondering how long I should wait before being concerned.  I am not breastfeeding my twins who are two months old as of last Wednesday.  Any input would be appreciated.

Geri

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

After my first one I got it  about 6 weeks later.  After my second one, it was about 3 months and they actually gave me a pill to make me start my period. 

Oh and I did not breastfeed.

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM

It took about 2 months for my real period to come, I wasn't breastfeeding either. Every woman is different so talk to your doc if your concerned.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I BF'd my dd for 8 weeks and I got my period around a month after I weened her. I extended BF'd my youngest children, I didn't get my period for a long time, I want to say when they were between 15-18 months old. I hadn't weened them.

If you have recently weened them I would say maybe within the next month or 2 you should get a period. Everyone is different though.

RoundhouseMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I breastfed both of my girls ... with the oldest, I didn't get my period for 11 months after she was born.  With the youngest, 15 months after she was born.

aurora405
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:41 PM

not to get personal or anything but you havent been sexually active have you...it is possible you know even if you are breastfeeding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)