Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm kind of lost right now and could use some advice.  My husband of almost 10 years decided one night last month he was done and moved out.  We have 6 kids and he knows that I have no income coming in with me in school. Hes not helping me finacially at all right now besides him giving me half of the income tax. And now he tells me that he wants to try and work on things by just dating again and not living togeather.  I don't know if it would be smart to trust him again or not.  I still love him but I don't know if its smart or not to do this. He expects things that are unreasonable and thinks that I should just agree to them.  Thats a whole different topic there I wont get into right now.  What would you girls do in this sitaution?

Jenni

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Replies (11-14):
Polkadotted
by Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Quoting Fairywings1223:

Thanks for all the suggestions I'm hoping and praying I make the right decision..

Stay strong and stick with your morals and what you are willing to put up with and what you want your kids to see you putting up with.  It is completely unreasonable to expect you to hand around while he has a girlfriend.  I hope he sees that, if he's worth it.  Guys do get stupid sometimes.  I'm sure you will do what's right for you.

jennshart
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I would tell him that he needed to keep up with his share of the bills etc and go to counseling.  Obviously, you are beyond dating now and if he keeps up with his part of the bargain than you know he's serious.  If he just wants to date, than forget him - you can date anyone and his responsibilities won't be satisfied either way.

Andl2ea
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM

what a piece of work.  im sorry but he is a jerk to treat you like this.  you have a big heart.  just make the right decision.  dont be afraid to tell him how you feel.  its not fair to you or your kids.  i hope he has enough sense not to bring this other lady around your kids off the bat.  it will totally confuse them.  i know this from experience.  i jumped into a relationship when i was seperated from my husband and it was the worse thing i ever did to my kids.  me and hubby are back together and things are better.  im glad we are finally back to normal.  it took us awhile to get over things but we did it.  good luck. 

Butter331
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 4:44 AM

If it were me, after reading about the other woman he wants to date, I would tell him to stay gone and HELL NO I wouldn't date him until he made up his mind. That is what he was supposed to have done the day he married me. There is no way he would not provide support for our children either, that is absolute crap! I'm sorry you are going through this. Go with your heart and listen to yourself and what you want. Some people are able to work through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)