Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What ways helped you lose weight?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 22 Replies

I have lost over 55 lbs last year. And believe it or not I did this on Special k and drinking greentea and light workouts...i drink greentea faithfully and i went on the greentea after3 mos after starting my diet and i actually seen the weight shed off...

and i also drink crystal light.

Tell me things that has worked for you?

diets, exercises drinks.

Oh, i also watch my calorie intake as in the beginning i used to keep a food journal, but since i have more control now its easier for me to handle and i dont need to depend on a food journal..but, it did help me to lose the weight and keep it off.

as far as vitamins i use multivitamin, flaxseed oil, and i take b12.

i drink crystal light which helped me to curb from sodas...now, i dont drink as much crystal light and i drink water and greentea.

and as far as snacks i buy plenty of veggies and fruits and i cut them up and put them in plastic containers and pull them to the front of the fridge where i can see them to grab. and those are my snacks.

And as far as support im proud to say i could not have done it without the help of my dh and my children whom were so patient and ate whatever i bought...my dh has lost a lot of weight too and hes also proud of himself.

i wish you all the luck in the world ladies and please add any thoughts to help all of us get through.

And as far as mental notes: Be strong and never give up!! if you allow this process to be easy...it will be easy. if you say it will be hard...it will be hard!!

Dont let your weight problems defeat you.....find the strength inside you. make today your day that your gonna do this!!!

make a plan and stick to it!!

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theladybugscafe
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM

When I lost 40 lbs about a year ago I used the biggest loser diet. It was a lot of work but nothing else I tried worked for me the way it did. I will be using it again to shed my baby wieght as soon as this pregnancy is over and I get teh okay from my doc!

shymom24
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I am going to lurke here and see what you ladies say. I don't drink anything "light" because of aspartimene. (it tastes funny to me) same with anything fat free or sugar free. I really need to learn to just eat healthy, be active and give up soda which is really hard for me.

Sunshine201
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Wow... Conrats on your weight loss!! I am just starting on a diet. Do you use the green tea drinks that bottled or do you brew the tea yourself? I have heard about green tea aiding in wieght loss...

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I just started my weight loss.  I am cutting back on soda, eating healthier, making healthier choices.  And I am going to start Turbo Jam when it is finally delivered, in the meantime i am using Core Rhythms

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I met my goal in November 09. I lost 30lbs. starting in June 09.

I started by logging in to an online calorie counter to find out how many daily calories I could eat and still lose weight based on my age, height and activity level. Then I started keeping a food journal. For the first few days I logged in everything that I ate and drank. I noticed the bulk of my calories went to drinks. I started drinking water, diet soda and coffee/tea sweetened with sweet and low. I didn't eliminate any foods from my diet I just ate less. Instead of a 1/2 cup of Ice cream at 150 calories I ate 1/4 cup at 1/2 the calories. After a while you get used to portion size and you start to really weigh whether a candy bar or cookie or chips are worth the calories to you.

I added exercise into my day. It is much easier for me to exercise during the summer b/c I'm home with my kids. I use work out videos every morning. I like the fast 30 minute or less workouts b/c I am more willing to keep doing them. I just bought a 12 daily exercise video by Denise Austin. You do a different 12 min. workout every day. It's great to do on workdays, I can fit it into my schedule.

I kept track of measurements as well as weight b/c some weeks the scale doesn't budge but the measurements do. Also only weigh and measure once per week.

I joined a healthy weight loss group here on CM. It is a great group with many awesome members who were able to share good tips and advice.

Good luck!

peachwine
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I have seen special K on tv...but never heard of anyone using the diet. That's awesome :)   I have lost quite of bit of weight in the past just low carbing.  I am committed to stay smoke free, and lately I have developed a cookie habit instead. lol 

My husband is going to help & we are going to recommit to losing weight and getting healthier for our kids and each other. I think having a support person will help.

GLiTTeRguRL1
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I am trying to lose 10pds that I gained after an injury I got from a car wreck back in August. I've cut out soda, and I am drinking alot more water now. I am trying to eat  healthier too. I use my treadmill for 30mins, five days a week and I do pilates three days a week. I stay away from artificial sweetners, because of the chemicals like aspartame.

heavensdaughter
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Really all I've ever done is make sure that calories going out were more than calories going in.  There are some great calorie counter websites available for free that let you know about how many calories you need to do a certain activity.  Go through an average days activities and you weight, height and so on and you'll see how many calories it takes you to get through a day.  Knock off a few hundred and you are losing wieght.  If you wind up eating some extra from your allowance then you do something extra to burn them.  Really makes you think twice before eating that piece of cake!

sophiesmom07
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Add fiber to your diet, I use Benefiber, it is completely tasteless and mixes into anything.  Take a multivitamin, I have used One a day Energy, you will be surprised at how it will keep you energized the whole day.

Finding healthy substitutes for stuff you like.  Egg whites instead of whole eggs, turkey bacon instead of regular, low fat cheese...

Not sure if you are familiar with this show, but I love  "Cook Yourself Thin"  on Lifetime. Their recipes are so good but fattening ingredients are substituted with healthy ones.  Here's a link to the online recipe page.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I eat mostly real food other then packaged.  Rarely eat the transfat and other saturated fats.  Other then that I eat everything else in small meals.  I've always been able to maintain my weight that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)