Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What ways helped you lose weight?

I have lost over 55 lbs last year. And believe it or not I did this on Special k and drinking greentea and light workouts...i drink greentea faithfully and i went on the greentea after3 mos after starting my diet and i actually seen the weight shed off...

and i also drink crystal light.

Tell me things that has worked for you?

diets, exercises drinks.

Oh, i also watch my calorie intake as in the beginning i used to keep a food journal, but since i have more control now its easier for me to handle and i dont need to depend on a food journal..but, it did help me to lose the weight and keep it off.

as far as vitamins i use multivitamin, flaxseed oil, and i take b12.

i drink crystal light which helped me to curb from sodas...now, i dont drink as much crystal light and i drink water and greentea.

and as far as snacks i buy plenty of veggies and fruits and i cut them up and put them in plastic containers and pull them to the front of the fridge where i can see them to grab. and those are my snacks.

And as far as support im proud to say i could not have done it without the help of my dh and my children whom were so patient and ate whatever i bought...my dh has lost a lot of weight too and hes also proud of himself.

i wish you all the luck in the world ladies and please add any thoughts to help all of us get through.

And as far as mental notes: Be strong and never give up!! if you allow this process to be easy...it will be easy. if you say it will be hard...it will be hard!!

Dont let your weight problems defeat you.....find the strength inside you. make today your day that your gonna do this!!!

make a plan and stick to it!!

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-22):
sarfam4
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 7:00 PM

As a petite albeit SHORT lady just under 4 1/2 months away from my 35th birthday weighing in at to some may not seem so bad 139 pounds around January 6, 2009. However, at my  5 ft 1/2 inch small frame and near the my post pregnancy weight  (4 years prior) I began my weight loss journey.  To date I have lost 27 pounds.  I lost most of it last year.  I began running on the treadmill, changing my food habits and caloric intake.  I invested in Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet book, subscribed to the EAT CLEAN magazine and Oxygen magazine.  The oxygen magazine taught me how to work out and exercise like a lady should.   And as silly as it may sound to some I watched the biggest loser religiously. My philosophy is if they can do it so can I.  And since I am the only female in a male dominant household and I didn't ask my husband for advice for fear of building bulk and not becoming lean.  Although, I have lost all the weight I want to lose, I am now working on making my body more lean and a little less flabby.  I guess you could say I  am now what may be referred to as skinny fat.  NOW to accomplish the 6 pack.... That is this years goal! (Oh, p.s. I also gave up soda, I do drink coffee WATER WATER WATER, green tea, and fat free milk)

asmj1
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 7:22 PM

The Wii helps me alot as long as I stick with it. Laying off pop helps too. Although if I go too long without pop, I get really cranky, I mean really cranky. I don't know why that is, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN