Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Exercise Questions

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know I can loose weight if I were just to exercise alittle, my question to you is....

Are there any moms out there that are just too tired when they get home from work or all day with the kids and they just don't have the energy to go work out at a gym or in my situation don't have anyone to watch the kids while you go work out? What kind of exercises can I do at home that will help me get rid of some belly fat and trim up my thighs and butt alittle? Do any of you use an exercise equipment at home or work out to any exercise videos? Please share info

by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaymeebrockhaus
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I love my wii fit!

smfox
by Member on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Bump

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Me, Me!  you are describing me :o)  I just bought Turbo Jam so that I can get back into shape.  A friend recommended it and I need to do something but I cannot find the time to go to the gym (or the money)

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM

What's Turbo Jam?

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Me, Me!  you are describing me :o)  I just bought Turbo Jam so that I can get back into shape.  A friend recommended it and I need to do something but I cannot find the time to go to the gym (or the money)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting joshbellamom:

I know I can loose weight if I were just to exercise alittle, my question to you is....

Are there any moms out there that are just too tired when they get home from work or all day with the kids and they just don't have the energy to go .work out at a gym or in my situation don't have anyone to watch the kids while you go work out?Yes, but I try to fit it in any way, even when I don't have the motivation to do it. I don't work out at the gym I work out at home only.

What kind of exercises can I do at home that will help me get rid of some belly fat and trim up my thighs and butt alittle? Cardio is great for burning fat. weight training to sculpt some muscle and give definition

Do any of you use an exercise equipment at home or work out to any exercise videos? Please share info I have a large exercise ball, yoga mat and 2 and 3 lb weights.

I love Jillian Micheals 30 dayshred,  three awesome 20 minute work outs. I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVD's, 15 minute one mile walks, very easy and low impact. I just got a Denise Austin dvd it is 5 different 12 minute workouts. You can do a different workout and work a different area everyday with yoga on Sat and Sun.

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 4:55 PM

This info is great, thank you I will check it out

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting joshbellamom:

Are there any moms out there that are just too tired when they get home from work or all day with the kids and they just don't have the energy to go .work out at a gym or in my situation don't have anyone to watch the kids while you go work out?Yes, but I try to fit it in any way, even when I don't have the motivation to do it. I don't work out at the gym I work out at home only.

What kind of exercises can I do at home that will help me get rid of some belly fat and trim up my thighs and butt alittle? Cardio is great for burning fat. weight training to sculpt some muscle and give definition

Do any of you use an exercise equipment at home or work out to any exercise videos? Please share info I have a large exercise ball, yoga mat and 2 and 3 lb weights.

I love Jillian Micheals 30 dayshred,  three awesome 20 minute work outs. I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVD's, 15 minute one mile walks, very easy and low impact. I just got a Denise Austin dvd it is 5 different 12 minute workouts. You can do a different workout and work a different area everyday with yoga on Sat and Sun.

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Quoting joshbellamom:

What's Turbo Jam?

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

here is the link:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbo_jam_fat_burning_elite.do?gclid=CO_Zy9Dt958CFRJinAodawr4XA&code=GOOGLE_SEMB_TJFBE&ef_id=1908:3:s_ece82fa15e139fa71c6bb4239e020645_4207429453:S3sVUtBkAk8AAF0DX-YAAABA:20100216215946

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Quoting joshbellamom:

This info is great, thank you I will check it out

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting joshbellamom:

The biggest loser 1 and 2 DVD's are pretty good too. You can chose your own workout. Bob's just not as tough as Jillian.

ceciliam
by on Feb. 16, 2010 at 5:54 PM

We have a Hoist, 2 treadmills, weight bench, heavy bag and free weights in our basement, so, what I do is take my son to work out with me. I have an area set up for him so he can play and watch PBS Kids.

On the days that I venture into the basement, I follow the Bill Phillips plan...it's fast, efficient and really tones you up quickly.

The days that I don't feel like using all the equipment, I opt for my Kettlenetics work-out. It's fun and I highly recommend it!

This is a Hoist btw....

and this is the Kettlenetics program (found on Amazon for about $35.00)

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:25 AM

wow this is all great, thank you ladies. I'm going to put my tax refund money to good use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN