Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone else watch the new season of 16 and Pregnant tonight on MTV?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you think they should air these episodes to teenagers in schools?

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:12 AM

No, I don't watch the show.

I honestly don't really know much about it or whether it promotes teen pregnancy or is trying to prevent it. I have a 16 y/o and don't think I want to watch girls my dd's age all giddy over being pregnant.

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:10 AM

I don't watch them

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Yes I watch it, I think teenagers should definitely watch it which I'm sure they do, but I don't think they should air it in school. I don't feel the schools need to teach the students anything on sex education, I think it should start at home first. It's a parent's responsibility to teach their own child in regards to that subject, schools are for learning - it's fine to discuss where babies come from and how it all works but not about practicing safe sex etc.

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I don't think they show them giddy over being pregnant, if I was a teenager watching that show it would show me how much your life changes after having a baby which most teenagers don't realize. I think the show is definitely a birth control protection, if anything it saying this is what your life will be like if you allow yourself to get pregnant before your ready to take care of a baby. This is how much your life is going to change. This is how much your relationship with your boyfriend will change. etc. etc. I think this show is better then most of the shows they air on MTV.

Quoting mumsy2three:

No, I don't watch the show.

I honestly don't really know much about it or whether it promotes teen pregnancy or is trying to prevent it. I have a 16 y/o and don't think I want to watch girls my dd's age all giddy over being pregnant.

aurora405
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:53 AM

i think the show can definitely be an eye opener for teens!! that girl last night was a piece of work so much for natural maternal instinct. of course not every mother who is a teen is like that and some can be darn good mothers but i am sure none of them would argue over the difficulty of having a child and trying to finish school and be a "typical" teen.

Sunshine201
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Yes i do feel they should show it in schools... I have a 13 year old and she watches it as do all of her friends...What gets me is one of her friends actually said "see ... if I was pregnant and had a baby, I would make my mom take care of it" and then said "it's not like she would not do it"...WOW. Like in last night's episode... the mom was more or less forced to care for the child as the teen mom...just walked out... In fact I feel the mom should have walked out and left her there to realize it is her responsibility...

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Yeah with that episode last night, that mother was ridiculous. I would never allow my daughter to talk to me the way that daughter talked to her mother. Bless that mothers heart for being such a good grandma and taking care of her grand baby, but she is making it way too easy for her daughter. I wouldn't just tell my daughter not to go out I would TELL my daughter she was NOT going out. She is still a teenager, just because she gave birth doesn't mean she is an adult. If she was going to live in my house she is going to live by my rules. Funny on how she threaten to leave, it's like she knows by her saying that she can get her way. I would say go ahead and leave but your not taking this baby. I bet within a couple days she would be back crawling. No one else is going to want to take care of her let alone her and her baby. That's the problem with alot of moms these days they are too weak to put their foot down. My parents did it with us kids and we didn't walk all over them because we knew they would show us the door. I am the same way with my kids. I don't let them run the house, like most kids think they do these days. I am the boss and they know it. Sure they are not teenagers yet and I know that has got to be 100 times harder, but I know if you start now with your parenting skills and be a parent to your child and not their friend you can get them on the right path to respecting your authority and following by your rules. Sure my kids won't be perfect and they will make mistakes, but you wont hear them calling me names or TELLING me what they are going to do.

COCat
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:41 PM

I watched it.  That girl was unbelievable.  I'm hoping that they were editing to show her at her worst.  My heart was breaking for that baby.

joshbellamom
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I know I agree with you I feel sorry for the baby too, I know the mom (grandma) didn't mean to say it like she did but I didn't like the way she referred the baby to an IT when speaking to her daughter about taking care of it or giving it away.

Quoting COCat:

I watched it.  That girl was unbelievable.  I'm hoping that they were editing to show her at her worst.  My heart was breaking for that baby.

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting Sunshine201:

Yes i do feel they should show it in schools... I have a 13 year old and she watches it as do all of her friends...What gets me is one of her friends actually said "see ... if I was pregnant and had a baby, I would make my mom take care of it" and then said "it's not like she would not do it"...WOW. Like in last night's episode... the mom was more or less forced to care for the child as the teen mom...just walked out... In fact I feel the mom should have walked out and left her there to realize it is her responsibility...

I don't watch the show but I agree with what you are saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)