Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Did anyone else watch the new season of 16 and Pregnant tonight on MTV?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think they should air these episodes to teenagers in schools?

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Replies (11-11):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Quoting joshbellamom:

I don't think they show them giddy over being pregnant, if I was a teenager watching that show it would show me how much your life changes after having a baby which most teenagers don't realize. I think the show is definitely a birth control protection, if anything it saying this is what your life will be like if you allow yourself to get pregnant before your ready to take care of a baby. This is how much your life is going to change. This is how much your relationship with your boyfriend will change. etc. etc. I think this show is better then most of the shows they air on MTV.

Quoting mumsy2three:

No, I don't watch the show.

I honestly don't really know much about it or whether it promotes teen pregnancy or is trying to prevent it. I have a 16 y/o and don't think I want to watch girls my dd's age all giddy over being pregnant.

Like I said, I don't watch nor do I know how the issue is presented.

My dd was older when I had both of my sons, so even though she didn't have the baby herself, she saw what pregnancy and labor looked like when I went through it. She also knows how difficult it is to try to sleep or get things done when a newborn is in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN