Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need to vent!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

Well me and my best friend had a fight yesterday and we aren't on talking terms right now. I can't believe she told me that all I think of is myself and no one else. I was there for her when she had her 2 sugeries when her family wasn't and I was there for her when she got kicked out of her house. I even let her and her kids move in with me even though my husband didn't think it was a good idea. I am so hurt by her telling me that I was selfish and only think of myself. I have even been there through her divorce. I have been there for her through thick and thin. Don't get me wrong she has been there for me when my husband was in jail and when I just needed someone to vent too. I was there for her through all the different/horrible relationships that she was involved in. So how can she say that I am selfish when I was there for her through thick and thin. I just don't understand why she would say that. I don't remember much of the fight that we had. We both were friends with this guy (which I was closer friends with him then she was until my husband found out and made me quit talking to him cuz he is the jealous type) so I told her she could have him and that pissed her off and she said she didn't think of him like that. I told her I honestly didn't care if they grew closer or not. I waited for a day or so and then asked her if she still had his number so I could text him and tell him that I was sorry that I couldn't talk to him anymore. She told me to just let it go and let him go. I told her I couldn't do that until I tell him I was sorry. She said she didn't have his number any longer and I told her okay whatever. I asked her how can she ask me to let him go when she couldn't even let this one guy go that she likes so much. She told me that it was different because I am married and she was getting a divorce. She then said I was being a bitch and I said no I wasn't.. She said she was tired of our fighting and to just leave her alone. I said ok bye and then we haven't talked since. That has really hurt my feelings.

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
COCat
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Aww sorry...fights with your close friends are the worst.  I'd say just let everyone cool off and give it some time. 

singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Just give her some time and let her cool off. 

peachwine
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I will tell anyone when you are married, you dont have opposite sexed friends. You have acquaintances. I think she is getting a little worked up because she is going through a divorce. She is going to be defensive right now.Just my opinion... I dont think you should put your friend in the middle of your ending a friendship with this guy-  I think she might be trying to tell you to just "let this friend go" instead trying to message him because she might see that you have a spark for him. Or least she thinks you do. It might be her odd way of trying to protect u. Can you really just send one message to this person, and be done?... 1 msg leads to 2...to ..3

sophiesmom07
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Agree, just give her some time to cool off , once she does, she may realize she overreacted and call you.

missourimommy
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Quoting COCat:

Aww sorry...fights with your close friends are the worst.  I'd say just let everyone cool off and give it some time. 

It's okay yeah they are the worst. Maybe we do need sometime to think about what happened. All I can do is just wait and see what happens

missourimommy
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Just give her some time and let her cool off. 

I agree maybe we do need some time apart and just think about what happened.

missourimommy
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Quoting peachwine:

I will tell anyone when you are married, you dont have opposite sexed friends. You have acquaintances. I think she is getting a little worked up because she is going through a divorce. She is going to be defensive right now.Just my opinion... I dont think you should put your friend in the middle of your ending a friendship with this guy-  I think she might be trying to tell you to just "let this friend go" instead trying to message him because she might see that you have a spark for him. Or least she thinks you do. It might be her odd way of trying to protect u. Can you really just send one message to this person, and be done?... 1 msg leads to 2...to ..3

I have had opposite sexed friendships before and it was nothing. We were just friends and that's it. I wasn't putting her in the middle of it she was friends with him too. Yes I could just message him once and that's the end of it.

missourimommy
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Agree, just give her some time to cool off , once she does, she may realize she overreacted and call you.

Thanks for you advice

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN