Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which one is stronger?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

This is just one of those "something to think about" questions.

It's supposed to be fun, so please don't take it too seriously & try not to get into any "heated debates" over it.

Which one is stronger:

Woman A : came from a wealthy family & was catered to her entire life until one day her family's fortune was all lost (we'll say from stock market stuff) - and she had to find the strength to learn & do things she had not been exposed to previously in order to survive in a middle class world.

Woman B: came from a poverty strickened family.  She had to fight tooth and nail just to survive; never gave up believing and hoping for a better future - finally gains the status of living in a middle class world.

So is it harder to have everything, lose it and then find a way to carry on

-or-

Is it harder to start with nothing and build up?

I'm interested in finding out what you all think - again this is just for fun!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomof2nok
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I think it is harder for Woman B, because she is struggling her whole life, versus Woman A, who has had it easy up until now.

1Katrina
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I think it's harder for woman A; because she has to learn a completely new way of life, different from anything she has known - where as woman B - was raised only knowing how to work hard & earn what you get etc....

dawnnight
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I think woman B. She has had to struggle alot and knows how to appreciate what she does earn.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I say it is harder for woman B, maybe because that is the road I have taken.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I think it's harder to start with nothing but I'm kinda in the middle too because it's hard either way in my opinion.

tayanddyl
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I say Woman A.  It's harder to lose what you have had all your life and try to adapt to having less.  I am Woman B.  What others see as a struggle is everyday life to me so it's really not a stretch.

PrincessMom05
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I say Woman A - having all you know taken away has got to be the toughest.  I being more like Woman B know what it's like to appreciate the small things in life and have no problem living with far less.

camy41075
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I came from a family that was dirt poor. I mean I had to share a bed w/ my little brother and sister till I was in 3 or 4th grade. So when I met dh and we started our own we both agreed we would not start a family until we could make it work. Well we ended up buying a business and we were doing very well. I mean we were not rich but I could buy what ever I wanted. Then the guy took the business back (long story) and we were back to dh working a forty hour week w/ no extra income. It hurt us we lost just about everything except our house. We now  have three children and we still live very tight and it sucks.

So I think it is hard for both.

Cammie

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I really don't think that one is stronger than the other.  Woman A had to become strong in order to make it.  If she makes it, that shows her strength.  Woman B knows nothing but struggle and has been strong for dealing with the struggle.  If she makes it, that shows her strength.  Both women had to struggle therefore both women are strong.

I hope this makes sense.

Terri

wolfmomma30
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Quoting offrdngal:

I really don't think that one is stronger than the other.  Woman A had to become strong in order to make it.  If she makes it, that shows her strength.  Woman B knows nothing but struggle and has been strong for dealing with the struggle.  If she makes it, that shows her strength.  Both women had to struggle therefore both women are strong.

I hope this makes sense.

I totally agree! Its like a line chart; woman A starts up top and start the hill downward. Woman B starts on the bottom of the chart and slowly works up. Somewhere along the way they both joined together on the chart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)