Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just curious piog..

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

ok so this is related to my last post about my friend..

If you were friends with a couple, pretty good friends with both husband and wife, so you hear quiet a bit of what  goes on with thier lives. all you hear from her is b*tch after b*tch about the husband. stuff that is completely nonsence. from not getting a card after getting flowers and a nice dinner for an anniversary to saying the husband is making her fat bc he bought her something she liked to snack on when she was feeling blue. her telling you almost on a daily basis that she doesnt think he loves her that he doesnt want her anymore to she thinks he is just waiting for something better. she complains that her dh never spends any time with her but he is always home with her. she calls and checks up on him constantly and whn he doesnt answer his phone she starts calling alll of his friends and relatives till she finds him. if he does something for her its not good enoughif he does nothing she complains he doesnt do anything..

my question is this how would you deal with this? being that you hear it all and are friends with both would you say something to her as to grow up or lighten up? or say nothing at all? im just curious.. i just hate seeing their marriage suffer bc she is sooo selfish and soo high maintence and he is just soo laid back.

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, married to the worlds best hubby (yes ladies he cooks, cleans, even washes the floors, shops, takes care of the kids, u name it he does it..). I love to take pictures.. check out my site www.casephotography.shutterfly.com

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
efeyer25
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:31 AM

If it was me in that situation I would say something....but that is me! lol I am very open & say what I think most of the time. Women like that really irritate me so she would have already gotten an earful from me! lmao

staggsl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:42 AM

you could be nice and tell her you see it completely different and you don't understand why she is complaining.  Or..... you could tell her to shut up and stop being selfish and open her eyes to what she has before he gets sick of it and leaves her.

If it was me if I didn't like her I would say the second one, but if I really thought of her as a friend, I would be nice and say the first one.

Case07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM

i would really like to tell her whats on my mind but the last time i did that i offended her and she didnt talk to me for like 2 weeks.  it just sucks bc im such good friends with the husband too i dont want to do something to jeopardize the friendship i have with him..  id love to tell her to grow the hell up.. and stop being so damn high maintence but if i did i prolly wouldnt talk to her anymore..

hypermamaz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I'd stop doing things with her, tell her that until she starts to respect her husband and act like and adult that I'm sorry, but we cannot be around each other.

jlm2676
by Jen on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM

About 6 years ago I was in the same situation with my BIL and SIL.  My SIL would just bitch and moan about every little thing my BIL would do.  At the time they had bought a house and was redoing the entire inside.  They have a 3 floor house and were living on one floor while the other floors were being done.  My SIL would bitch about how my BIL would always be working and not spending any time with her and then she would turn around and bitch that he wasn't getting anything in the house done.  He was doing everything himself and also working a full time job.  I finally got sick and tired of her bitching about it and told her (via email, I know wrong but she was telling me about something he did or didn't do the night before) that I didn't want to hear about it anymore because he worked so hard for her.

Now she will tell me once in a while if she gets into an arguement with him or she will tell me what he did but not really go into it. 

jennshart
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I would call her on it - ask her if he is really that bad or is she just complaining to complain.  Keep it light so she doesn't get defensive.  The problem with people like her is that they alter what you think of the other person and chances are, he's probably not bad at all. 

GrayPyre
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM

To me it sounds like she is really insecure. Do you ask her WHY she feels this way?

Case07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Quoting GrayPyre:

To me it sounds like she is really insecure. Do you ask her WHY she feels this way?

i had said to her that she seems insecure and asked her why and she got completely offended and didnt talk to me.. its such a pain.

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, married to the worlds best hubby (yes ladies he cooks, cleans, even washes the floors, shops, takes care of the kids, u name it he does it..). I love to take pictures.. check out my site www.casephotography.shutterfly.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)