Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

things are changing too much for me

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I started back to school this week.  I lost my job of 3 years because my company decided to close our plant.  It was the best job I have ever had.  The pay was incredible, the hours were great, if I had to leave for my children I could, it was literally 2.5 miles from my house, and I absolutely love the people I worked with and miss them.  I thought school would be better but I just want my job  back.  I miss it more than I thought I would.  I feel sort of uncomfortable at school and I don't know why.  I went to school about 6 years ago and got AAOT in human services and really liked it then.  Now it just seems weird.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Hang in there, mama.  You're an educated woman and getting even moreso!   I never felt like I fit in when I went back to school.... but I just kept reminding myself that I was there for an education, not to make friends.   I know it doesn't look like it now, but this could be a blessing in disguise.  One just never knows what God has in store for us... who's to say He doesn't have something better planned for you?  *hugs* 

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Hang in there. You are doing a good thing! Maybe you can meet up with your co-workers or host a get together at your house! It will take a little time, but you'll adjust.  Like the poster above me said, just remember you're there to get an education, not make friends. If you do click with someone then great, if not, not a big deal. Good luck!

staggsl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the support

MedicMommyAnne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Sorry you have to deal with the loss of such a great job.  I think after a while your coworkers become and extended family almost and it is hard to lose that.  Hopefully once you are done with school. you will find an even better place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)