Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to the gym

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi, girls

I want to share with you my big after-30-kind-of step. I've gone to the gym! For very first time in my whooooooole life ;-))

I though that I'm old about that and I wasn't sure in my decision. When I went into the fitness club I was so nervous.... I just told to myself - dear, what are you doing? You have a family, 2 little kids, a lot of responsibilities and no free time. But after my first hour with a personal trainer... OMG - it was like a miracle for me. I felt so relaxed and kind of happy. I did something only, but only for myself - no hubby, no kids, no dirty dishes hahahhahaha

:-D

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LilBldSoccerMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM

And you'll sleep better too.  Good for you!! Mom's need time to themselves too!!!

momoGav
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM

YAY, for you!!!!!!!!!  I love going to the gym.  I love the challenge and that's where I do most of my thinking.  It's very therapeutic for me.  I hope you continue to enjoy it and good for you for realizing that you need something for yourself and doing it. 

daisy_g
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM

thank you, girls for your words and your support :-D

rocamom
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I LOVE going to the gym and I have also recently just started.  However I'm finding it hard to fit into my schedule since they don't have child care and I ALWAYS have at least 1 chile with me.  It's that or I hve to go at 6 and that's on the late side.

arismom701
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Good for you!   I love the gym for that exact reason - it makes you feel so good!!  Keep it up, the benefits are amazing physical and mental!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM

That's awesome! keep it up and hurray for doing something just for you.

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Good for you!!

daisy_g
by on Apr. 4, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Quoting rocamom:

I LOVE going to the gym and I have also recently just started.  However I'm finding it hard to fit into my schedule since they don't have child care and I ALWAYS have at least 1 chile with me.  It's that or I hve to go at 6 and that's on the late side.

In my club there is a childmind so it makes my hands free ;-))

Thank  you, girls again.

Being 30+ is not so bad ;-)))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)