Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did a post on surgereis....in regards to gallbladder surgeries!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 24 Replies

i noticed a lot of moms had gall bladder surgeries. i was wondering how were you months after the surgery and did you have any changes afterwards? I lost some weight of course and theres some things i dont think i can eat anymore...eggs, spicy sauces, heavy foods like chili. I was wondering did you all go back to eating normal foods like you did before? ive had a few bowel problems...nothing major but of course im careful what i eatnow.

i was just curious what changes you all went through.

oh, do you all still have that little pain on your right side from time to time afterwards? I do, and i dont know why in regards to nothing being there. its weird.

how about you?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwilightx
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM

It seems to me, that for the most part it is hit or miss on what i can eat and can't eat. I still have IBS so for me it truly depends. I was on a regimen of fiber and it made my problems so much worse. So, right now I am just going day by day, and I seem to be doing better on my own without meds.

I do not have any pain on my side or anywhere from or since surgery. It's been almost a year since I had mine out.

kimmiegiggler
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I had mine out... and i still eat what I want.. however I better be close to a bathroom! TMI but its the truth! I will get the pain sometimes too!

brandoneaglemom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Quoting xtwilightx:

It seems to me, that for the most part it is hit or miss on what i can eat and can't eat. I still have IBS so for me it truly depends. I was on a regimen of fiber and it made my problems so much worse. So, right now I am just going day by day, and I seem to be doing better on my own without meds.

I do not have any pain on my side or anywhere from or since surgery. It's been almost a year since I had mine out.

having ibs is truly aweful....thank goodness for meds and i hope you are recovering well from yours. mine has been 18 mos. and ive changed my eating habits completely stayed away from fried foods..lol. but overall i have acid reflux and i havent strangely had an episode of it. probably the change of foods but its been nice not haivng any troubles there.

cakright
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I have heard I am one of the lucky ones, I got mine out last summer and now I can eat anything. I have felt the pain you are talking about....not sure what thats about either. At least it doesnt hurt like it did before surgery.

Gallery

How long ago did you have yours out???

brandoneaglemom

Quoting kimmiegiggler:

I had mine out... and i still eat what I want.. however I better be close to a bathroom! TMI but its the truth! I will get the pain sometimes too!

well, im glad that you can still eat what you want..thank goodness. but the pain is weird i dont know why. sometimes its bothersome, somedays its a tingle. but they come and go. i know about the bathroom deal. thats why i choose my food carefully now..LOL.

brandoneaglemom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Quoting Gallery:

October 2008.

brandoneaglemom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting cakright:

I have heard I am one of the lucky ones, I got mine out last summer and now I can eat anything. I have felt the pain you are talking about....not sure what thats about either. At least it doesnt hurt like it did before surgery.

the pain was nothing like before...but sometimes it can get a little intense from time to time. but nothing major, as it goes away.

EricsMomma31
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I have had mine our for 12 years now (22 years old). I still suffer from IBS. But I have found that I can't go too long without eating or eat too much and I LOVE fiber! It does wonders! But I can eat anything I want. I did have the pain for a while but that has now ceased. I also coughed up gallstones for quite a few years afterwards but again that had now stopped.

Gallery
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Quoting brandoneaglemom:

Quoting Gallery:

October 2008.

Then there's something else going on (IMO).  You shouldn't be experiencing this almost 2 years later.

Maybe it is your sphincter of oddi (which acts very similar to gallbladder pains).  One way to test this theory is by getting a prescription for a drug called Bentyl (take 10 mg three times daily).  This will relax the sphincter muscle and improve your symptoms. 

Or, you should be checked for H.Pylori, which is done one of two ways.  Either a simple blood test (which could maybe give a false negative) or by having an upper endoscopy with biopsy. 

I would go back to your family doctor and tell them exactly what you said here and ask for help in diagnosing the problem.  I really don't believe this is related to your gallbladder.

GOOD LUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)