Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

post on surgeries....in regards to Hysterectomies.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

In regards to all moms who went through the surgery. I was wondering how everyone is doing after theres.

I had a full hysterectomy...leaving the ovaries. I had a fibroid tumor the size of a football. After my surgery i did very well except of the swelling and gaining over 40 lbs...i blew up like a balloon. maybe more. that was May 2007. by Christmas mind you....i was BIG!!  So, i def i had some severe weight issues and i went through a small depression probably by oct due to my weight and i was having sexual problems and of course they told me prior to, that there would be NO issues and when i mentioned it, they said it was all in my head....hmmmm. I knew my own body and how i was. it happened quickly after surgery. there was no more excitement. idk...i basically lost interest and from time to time i would have thoughts and would want too....but, they are rare moments. Sometimes i wish i didnt have my surgery and i know its too late, but its been almost 3 yrs and i have adjusted to not having much sex and not having a period has been a blesssing in disguise. I am a lot happier these days not haivng a period as before i was a bitch!! no one wanted to be aorund me and i was just miserable all the time. i bled at least 2 weeks out of the month for a long time and now, i can finally enjoy life and vacations without being interupted by MS. FLO...LOL

How have you been after your surgery? havent you noticed any BIG changes in your body?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mom2sixangels
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I had mine 5 yrs ago.  Same as yours--they left the ovaries.  Totally loving not having the period from Hell.  No real propblems with weight gain, but my sex drive did take a nose dive though.  It takes more work to get what I want.  We have added 'toys' to our relationship and that works really well for me and it totally turns him on.

I'm not sure why--with leaving the hormonal parts in--that it affects the sex drive like it does.  Maybe my age has something to do with it--37 now. 

I don't regret it--at all.  I have just learned to adjust to make intimacy good for me (us).  Hope that helps a little.

brandoneaglemom
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Quoting mom2sixangels:

I had mine 5 yrs ago.  Same as yours--they left the ovaries.  Totally loving not having the period from Hell.  No real propblems with weight gain, but my sex drive did take a nose dive though.  It takes more work to get what I want.  We have added 'toys' to our relationship and that works really well for me and it totally turns him on.

I'm not sure why--with leaving the hormonal parts in--that it affects the sex drive like it does.  Maybe my age has something to do with it--37 now. 

I don't regret it--at all.  I have just learned to adjust to make intimacy good for me (us).  Hope that helps a little.

NO, I DONT THINK ITS OUR AGE, BC IT HAPPENED AFTER SURGERY. I WENT FROM BEING SEXUALLY ACTIVE...TOO.....LEAVE ME ALONE IM NOT IN THE MOOD!! LOL...THAT WAS NEVER ME. SOME DAYS, I WILL JUST DO IT TO PLEASE HIM BUT, IM WORKING ON FINDING NEW AVENUES LIKE YOU...LOL. IM DOING THE SAME THING NOW, AND ITS A LITLLE BETTER BUT I DONT REGRET HAVING SURGERY AS I AM A LOT HAPPIER AND PAIN FREE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)