Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being too cheap

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM
  • 46 Replies

Am I being too cheap with my son's birthday party. I found a cute set on line and was going to spend about 25$ on it. Then, I went into the Dollar Tree and found a set that was similar(not as cute, but similar). He is turning one and my dh is like don't worry about spending all that money on ordering a set because we are trying to save a little. I know he will not remember his first b-day, but I need someone to tell me to go cheap and have fun!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CnMe31
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Seriously...go cheap and have fun!

Ray_Lynn4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

go cheap no matter what you spend it will be a perfect day!

brbrowen
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I'de go cheap and have fun

LilBldSoccerMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I agree with everyone else.  Go cheap.  He won't remember this day anyways...

kamrynlily07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I prefer "cost-effective" to "cheap", LOL...  GO CHEAP AND HAVE FUN!!!

Mom2jngnc
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I never buy the party supplies... I get regular paper plates, napkins, etc.... and put my money into a "better" cake and the food.

So go cheap!

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Go cheap and have fun!

emarin77
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I went simple with my son's first.  I had all the main colors of Diego for his birthday.  Each table had a different color table cloth.  He only had a Diego paper plate to eat on. Guests used plane paper plates and utensils.

SillyRooster
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Go cheap, he won't remember it. ... If it makes you feel better put the difference in savings account for him.

ff-princess
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:35 PM

go cheap.  I wish I had.  I think we ended up spending something ridiculous like $250 for my dd's 1st birthday party last weekend.  most of it was on food for 20 people, but there was also $20 in balloons, plates, napkins, silverware, ice cream, 2 cake mixes, 5 tubs of frosting, etc.  even making the cake it still added up quickly. 

I feel slightly better about it though because we combined her bday party with my son's 16th bday party for family, and everyone on both sides of our family was able to attend with the exception of my mom.  it was worth it to have everyone spend an afternoon together, since I only see my family a few times a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)