Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding quandary!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 25 Replies

I need advice and opinions please!!  Here's the situation:

My fiance and I got engaged on Christmas eve.  We set a wedding date for December 5th, just a small wedding (almost an elopement, actually) with a honeymoon in California.  My grandmother was happy to watch my 2-year-old while we're gone.

Then I got pregnant! :D

If we go through with our original plans, the baby will be 2 months old or less when we get married.  The honeymoon is out-- no one is willing to watch a baby that young for us.  And I am worried that we won't be able to save the money we'd need to pull off the wedding... between having the baby, having to take time off work, etc.  I'm afraid the wedding would just get pushed back, and pushed back...

Last night I tossed my fiance the idea of getting married this summer, instead.  It could be far cheaper because we could get married outdoors, there are some amazing places in this area that are public so would be free.  Plus the pictures would be fantastic :)  BUT... I'm not sure how I'd feel about the idea of being pregnant in my wedding pictures!  On the plus side, we'd be able to go on our honeymoon, and I kind of like the idea of getting it over with so we can focus on the baby when it comes.  But... is it tacky to be a pregnant (and I'll be REALLY pregnant!) bride??

What would you guys do? 

bride

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ECMOM970
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

No way...do it before the little one comes as you will get alone time before the baby comes! They make dresses that won't show your belly...

meladtke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

You do what you want to do! if you are okay with being pregnant who cares what anyone else thinks!!!!! This is about you not anyone else!

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I say go for it now...it will be kinda like your last hurrah for a little while ! Just dont push it to far into pregnancy ! I wouldnt go past 30 weeks ....

MedicMommyAnne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I would get married over the summer.  You could have such an incredible wedding, and no one is really going to care that you are pregnant.  What is the difference if you are pregnant or have a 2 month old really?  Have fun planning.  I knew somone who did a back yard wedding and everyone had a blast.  he said between food and alcohol they only spend like $400 total and everyone had a great time. 

RolandsMom12
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Yep!

Quoting meladtke:

You do what you want to do! if you are okay with being pregnant who cares what anyone else thinks!!!!! This is about you not anyone else!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

jillg24
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I say get married this summer...that way you can have a honeymoon/babymoon. I think it would be a great way to destress before the baby comes and pregnant women are beautiful so they pictures will still be amazing. Congrats on the wedding and the new baby.

Wendums71
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Although a December wedding would probably be really pretty I think you should just do it this summer so you can enjoy the baby and honeymoon.  Outside weddings can be just as pretty and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I think a summer wedding is a great idea!  Not because it's tacky, but you'll be so tired and overwhlemed when you are "big " pregnant!  This way, you can enjoy the planning, your wedding day and get to go on your honeymoon. This will be a good way for you and your dh to spend some quatlity time alone together before the baby arrives. Forget about it once the baby is here! You will be so busy!

Go for it! Best of luck!

joshbellamom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I dont think it's bad at all to get married while your pregnant. In today's society alot of women do some they plan it that way because they want to be married before they have the baby and some just happen to be pregnant and not know it in the process of planning their wedding. It's ok to do that, plus there is nothing cuter then a pregnant bride. Your celebrating two things, the union of two people who love each other very much and want to spend the rest of their life together and the special gift that god has given you. Congrats to you and your new family!

momof754
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

if it is considered to be tacky and be a pregnant bride, then i was a tacky bride as well. i was six months pregnant when we got married. hubby's mom thought we should bump the wedding up sooner so i wouldnt be "showing" as much and to keep his grandma happy. but of course, it was my wedding and my choice to keep it set when it was. there is nothing wrong with having your wedding while pregnant. i admire your ability to say it would make things easier rather than stick to the original date. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)