Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go tanning?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM
  • 28 Replies

I'm as pale as paper, I'm debating going just to get a bit of color so I can wear shorts/skirts this year. I never do because my legs are so white. Is it really worth the $$$$

knittingCheryl

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer43245
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM

If you like being tan and not pale -- yes, it is worth the $$$.  The only time I go tanning (in my basement) is when we are going out of town though. I do 2 sessions back to back. So, I tend to tan/burn a little -- but, I do not want to be ghost ass white though; if we go out of town. I used to have a package at Southern Exposure before I was with my husband. I loved to go tanning though! It is so relaxing!!!

So, Good Luck to your decision!

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

No, I don't trust it. I use self tanner and it looks great.  Before you go tanning, try a few different self tanners, you may like them and they will save you money! I use Loreal Sublime and it works great.  You can control the darkness of the tan.  I like these two:

L'Oreal Sublime Sublime Bronze, ProPerfect Airbrush, Self-Tanning Mist 4.2 oz (192 g)L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion 6.7 fl oz (200 ml)

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I used to tan ALOT.  But I won't anymore.  Tanning beds have been placed right up there with cigarettes on the list of known carcinogens.

Mandymb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Absolutely not. It ruins your skin. I see this woman who look why older then they are because they have tanned so much there skin looks like leather, just nasty.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Never, the thought of it grosses me out. I'd rather be pale.lol!

shaunadale
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I haven't been in a tanning bed in over 12 years and will never again. But I live in Florida now, so no need. When I'm really pale, I apply a self tanner until I start building up my real tan.

momof754
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM

nope, never had the desire to go tanning. i dont like the idea of being in the contrapment that you do it in,lol

KorTai02
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I do at to get a good base then no more the sun in Vegas finsihes me up ..

Zakysmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I do go tanning sometimes.  Maybe a couple of months out of a year.  The company hub works for takes us on trips every year, and some of those places are tropical beaches, and I dont' like to burn.  So yea I do on occasion.  Hubs parents are taking us to Mexico in July, so next month, I will go tanning for a coupe of months, then I dont' have to worry so much about sunscreen while drinking on the beach lol.  I still use sunscreen of course, but I don't have to be as OCD about it.  But I'm also lucky, I have a medium skin tone, so I do tan really easily.  If I don't have plans to be anywhere near a beach then I just use a self tanner on my legs and the sun does the rest.

LilBldSoccerMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM

No way!  I have friends that have been tanning since high school.  Their skin looks so old!! 

Gosh, that sounded so mean when I read that back....but it's true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)