Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHILD SUPPORT UGHHHHHHHHH !

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

I just need to vent . My sons father has not payed any child support in 6wks I am so stressed ! I have no money. I just can not stand it UGH it is just not fair for my husband to have to pay for everything. He is court ordered to pay it was established by DOR (department of revenue) so they will suspend his drivers license soon. I am trying to be understanding because he is out of work and construction is so slow right now but my son has Type 1 Diabetes and the co-pays for his meds are high ! my husband already carries my sons insurance because it does not cost him extra to have him on it. My son is 10 and I have been down this road with his father more times than I can count.....Thanks so much for reading

Katie mother to 5 children  Noah 7-25-99,Hailey 4-18-03,
Riley 4-6-04,Caleb 10-12-05, Gracie 4-9-08.
family in the van

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4boys2002
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM

They should be able to take it out of his pay.

SueB32
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Honey I totally understand where you are coming from. My son is going to be 13 this year. My son's "sperm donor" hasn't paid support in a long time. He owes me $15,000. They have taken him to court, thrown him in jail, took his license and everything. He still don't care. My husband also supports my son and it's hard on all of us since my son is almost a teen and he's growing like a weed. He also has some health issues and it's hard to get everything he needs. I think that men who don't pay support should be ......well we won't go there. Vent all you want honey, I know how you feel, it's frusterating and there is nothing it seems we can do.

blessedmom1978
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Same here. My ex just left his job last month and I have not received a check in a month. He also just texted me and told me that at the end of the month his benefits (which my son is on) will stop. It is frustrating. We always have to be the ones to bare the burden while they get away with everything.

momof754
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM

all i can offer arehugs

Andl2ea
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM

i know EXACTLY how you feel.  my son is 11 and i got child support for one year.  my ex decided 240$ a month was just too much to pay for my son and moved back to mexico with his wife and 3 kids.  i called a lawyer and they told me its pretty much impossible to get child support from someone living in mexico.  if he ever comes back here to renew his green card or to visit they wont let him go back to mexico until his debt is paid and thats over 8k.  im hoping he is that stupid someday!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers
mom2zachandalex
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM

WOW! At least you can somewhat count on that money.  My ex was court ordered to pay child support last year and is now over $10,000 behind.  Needless to say he is in jail but for other reasons.  He could careless about his kids, I am a single mom who is currently unemployed and trying to raise 2 boys ages 7 and 5.

wubbunny420
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM

im a single mom and my dd "sperm donor" stop paying about 5 wks ago and ive been out of work having emergancy surgery and have only been back for 2 weeks. i wont get a check till 6th and have been so broke when my dd missed the bus yesterday i couldnt even take her to school because i dont have gas. SO believe me i feel you

glitterygirl79
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Im so sorry, I know how u feel........my daugter is almost 4 and her dad hasnt worked in a year....The last time I saw any support was January and that was like $30.00!!!!!!!!!!! He is over $2400.00 behind and isnt wanting to pay antyhing. He also has a 2 yr old son he hasnt paid on either...and is still married to the girl!!!!!!!!!!!!.its really really hard being a single parent. so Im right there with you. He has hardly bought her anything either. My advice is call your local support office and keep buggin them They should do something if he goes over 6 mos without PAYING they CAN TAKE HIS LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!! so hang in there. Im trying too!!!!!!!!! good lucK!

tgatlinscorner
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I'm with all of you too!  My ex is $7 behind.  He has figured out a way to work the system too.  When he falls 6 weeks behind I have to call and ask that a show cause be scheduled; then the day before court he makes a small payment and they adjourn the hearing for a month.  Then again he waits till the day before court and makes another small payment so they adjourn again for another month.  Then once again he makes another small payment the day before the new hearing and this time they cancel the hearing because he has made payments 3 months in a row!  Never mind that it is never anywhere near what his monthly payments should be! 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)