• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Compliment or not?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:55 PM
  • 25 Replies

Well, I'm outside playing with my kiddies on this beautiful day when Nicholas, my 10 yr old looks at me with that cute little smirk that ony he can give and says..."mom, I bet you were a hottie when you were younger"...lmao!!   I'm not sure if I should take that as a complimnt or not, lol.  Mind you I'm ONLY 35!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Compliment.....though at 10 years old how in the world is he talking like that???  hahaha!! that's funny. 

kelleysangels
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

awwww..... thats cute. i think it was a compliment. thats sweet.

momof754
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

take it as a compliment! my oldest kinda upset me earlier. he kept bringing me down his or his sister's shorts and i told him no i wanted a pair of mine. he finally brings me down a pair of mine and says, your big butt should fit in these and he laughed. well, he has heard me say so many times that i have a big butt and guess he didnt think it would hurt for him to say it as well. sometimes i forget how much infor mation they retain for later use,lol

steelcrazy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

It was most definatly a compliment.  At 10 years old, 35 is extremely old. lol  My son 'compliments' me all the time and I do my best to thank him.

Ems629
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I was told I was "pretty cool, Mamma." by my 2 year old today. Kids have no filters....gotta love that!

mykidsmylife03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I know exactly what you mean.  They pick up things and repeat them at awkard times.  Mine has also ask me if I was sure I wasn't pregnant.   I say no this is just the residule effects of you, your brother and your sister, so thank you for the lovely gift, lol....It always makes him laugh!

Quoting momof754:

take it as a compliment! my oldest kinda upset me earlier. he kept bringing me down his or his sister's shorts and i told him no i wanted a pair of mine. he finally brings me down a pair of mine and says, your big butt should fit in these and he laughed. well, he has heard me say so many times that i have a big butt and guess he didnt think it would hurt for him to say it as well. sometimes i forget how much infor mation they retain for later use,lol

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM

How sweet is that?  Don't you love it.  Enjoy it now because you know how it is once they hit the teen years.

mamaxs4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM

I straightened my hair today and my 7yr old DD kept telling me that it was pretty.

Zanna8008
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

aww i think that its sweet

canadianmom1974
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I can remember being 10 or 12 and thinking my mom was middle aged (she would have been 30 or 32!).  Now I'm 35 and definitely not middle aged.  But my reasoning was I was a kid, my granny was old and my mom was in the middle.

That's sort of like when you get a new haircut or something and people rave about how good you look and you think to yourself "do I look that good now or did I just look that bad before?!?"

Take it as a compliment, when in doubt always take it as a compliment, it makes life better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)