Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of renewing Vows, what next?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

My hubby and I have been married for 9 years. This year will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. We didn't have a wedding when we got married and I was fine with that then, but now I see other peoples pics and I am a little sad. I would love to renew our vows and have the pics and memories. Actually I am kinda glad that we are doing it this way so that we are able to include our children in our marriage and our vows.

My question is where do I go from here? How do I plan and what do I plan? I live in Las Vegas and you would think that would make it easier, but it doesn't. I just went looking on the internet tonight and there are so many (too many) places to choose from as to where to go. Should I just plan it myself and have it in my back yard (small space for 40-50 ppl though)? UHG I am more confused now. BTW it would be late October so it could be a little chilly outside. Thanks in advance.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I would look into places that can hold the amount of people you want to invite and go from there.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I would have a "garden" party in your back yard and invite a smaller crowd. Then contact someone who could renew the vows at your place, minister, reverend, JP, whoever. Have a reception to follow with finger foods that people could eat and mingle at the same time, no need to rent tables and chairs. Decorations could be fresh flowers and white lights strung in trees or bushes in your yard. It would be simple but beautiful.

Good luck and Congrats on 10 years!

MedicMommyAnne
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Good question.  Me and Hubby have said that we want to renew our vows at 10 years also.  We will hit 8 years new month.  We had a big wedding, but The Monster in Law made it miserable.  Neither of us enjoyed ourselves.

I don't know if you have volunteer fire companies in your area, if you do a lot of them have halls that they rent out.  Depending on how they work it some let you bring your own food and alcohol.  You could set up tables up so they leave an Isle down the middle and have everything done in one place.  Then set up a dance area and have a blast.  Then go around before vows and get pictures at some of your favorite places, parks, anywhere pretty.

Andl2ea
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM

me and hubby were thinking about doing this as well.  good question.  there is this place called wedding rock in nor cal.  it is so beautiful!  it overlooks the ocean and everything.  here is a background shot :   http://www.travelpod.com/travel-photo/mstrixie/humboldt-2007/1180215000/humboldt_trip_037.jpg/tpod.html

i couldnt find a pic of the spot on top of the rock you stand on but its like a rock balcony and its amazing.  i hope one day we can do it.

crysolwert
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I think it is entirely up to you and what you want. My DH and I renewed our vows for our 10th. I planned it and surprised my DH. We had talked about it, but he thought I wanted something big which we couldn't afford at the time, so he figured we would just wait. I decided I just wanted to renew our vows to eachother and have our pastor officiate, we were married by a JP friend, and there is a beautiful garden near us, so I had the pastor and a photographer friend and my DH and me. It was a very nice ceremony. It would have been neat to have family and friends, and our DDs there, but it was great. I know some people that didn't have a big ceremony when they got married renew their vows with a big lavish ceremony, and others that have had a small one like mine. I hope whatever you decide it is a beautiful, memorable time!

Crystal

Wife to my wonderful husband and homeshooling mommy to my 5 beautiful girls!

teen girlplaying soccer girlblowing bubblesgirl on a swingbaby girl

kristielee79
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

We are hoping we can for our 10th also. It's a great idea!! For ours, I can tell you I would love to do something very romantic and at the beach, just us and my parents and our children.  Good luck and happy planning!!

steelcrazy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM

The first thing that I would do is hire a wedding planner.  I've been married for 15 years now and I still think that hiring a wedding planner was the best decision I ever made.  She made my life so much easier, she did all of the calling and arrangments.  I just showed up to vendor meetings and selected what I wanted or which vendor that I wanted to go with.  She found me a few reception locations to choose from too, which was great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)