Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling my age lately

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

I will be 39 next month.  I used to preach that "age is just a number".  But lately, my metabolism seems like it's at a snail's pace...yesterday, I watched my 18 month old nephew and was EXHAUSTED after...my grey hairs are coming in at record speed...and my horomones are all whacked.  It feels like a "calgon, take me away" kinda month.  Any suggestions on how to get out of that funk and feel like a lively 30-ish, almost 40-ish (OUCH), woman again????

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I started exercising and I feel like I have more energy now. :o)

kristielee79
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

My Mom is 48 and I laugh when she says my kids exhaust her!! hahaha, but she is ALWAYS on the move, works full time as a waitress and nothing slows her down. You just have to keep on the move!! Don't turn into a couch potatoe!!! LOL, j/k, but with it getting warmer out, start something you don't normally do, like jogging.

Undomesticated
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:59 PM

My friend and I just both turned 30.  I felt like it was easier for me because I'm a mom, and age doesn't seem like that big of deal when you're running after a toddler.  Plus, as I tried to tell my friend, 30 is the new 20...lol.

She doesn't want any children.  So, she's hung up on her age.  Not that having or not having kids will affect that one way or the other.  But, to compensate for the "old feeling" that she was experiencing she signed up and started training for a marathon.

You don't have to go to that extreme.  But, she swears that adding the exercise to her lifestyle gave her more energy and a new look on life.

Jennseb
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Thanks Ladies!!

LuckyStarr28
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I'm 33 and my metabolism has slowed significantly as well.  My hormones are all over the place.  I think I may even have PMDD (2 weeks of PMS instead of 1).  30 minutes of daily exercise does seem to help give me more stamina. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)