Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anything go wrong on your wedding day?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM
  • 113 Replies

Or did it all go smoothly that day?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

considering we eloped, it went I guess smoothly

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

The day went fine, but I was so exhausted that the night didn't go so well!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

The only regret I have is not getting a picture taken my mom requested. She wanted a pic with bride & groom & both sets of parents. 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

The only thing that went wrong was that a couple crashed our wedding.  They must of been good at it because no one knew it until the next day. She forgot her purse and had to come back to get it.   Neither my MIL or my mom knew who she was.  It was amazing that she found the house since my parents live out in the middle of nowhere in the hills of the Napa Valley in Ca.  

When hubby and I came back from our honeymoon two weeks later.  We just smiled and laughed.  Not much we could do. Over all it was a wonderful day!

True Love Waits~ Sex out of Marriage is Selfish

Proud to be a virgin bride at the age of 28.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Other than Hurricane Wilma bearing down on my beach wedding, not really lol! Everything went smoothly but we had many guests who were stranded in Florida for 2 extra days.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM

The organ was played when i specifically asked for nothing but the piano. I HATE the organ :(

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM

We did a lot of our own things for the wedding.  One was I spent an entire month compiling music onto our IPod for the wedding music.  But, one of the girls my husband grew up with decided that she didn't like what I picked out, left, and came pack and put in her IPod instead.

I was upset at first.  But, I got to marry the man she thought she would marry one day (it's a really small town here) after she and he were done dating around.  So, because she didn't get the guy she always thought she would, I decided her "music" stand-off wasn't worth my time.

We had a wonderful wedding otherwise.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Well, let's see......  The shoes that I tried on in the dress shop that fit, when I put them on on my wedding day, they were about 2 sizes too big.  Going down the aisle to do pictures, they flew off my feet.  I had to trade with my sister.  Don't know how that happened, but oh well.  My husband didn't have any black socks and had to borrow his dad's.  The preacher was late.  He thought we were doing the ceremony at 11, and it was supposed to be at 10.  It was freaking freezing cold and they wanted to do pictures outside.  My aunt was supposed to bring the birdseed bags, but she didn't even come for the wedding, so we had to improvise.  My mother-in-law had left some rose petals from the rehearsal dinner the night before, so they used those and the ones the flower girls had in their baskets to throw at us as we left.  My husband's friends thought they would be clever and put a condom over the tail pipe of his car.  He saw it and took it off before he started the car.  There were also condoms thrown all over the parking lot of the church.  A friend of mine picked them all up, since church was the next day and she didn't think that the church-goers would appreciate seeing condoms all over the parking lot. 

We had to drive over an hour to find a car wash to wash off the shaving cream from the car. 

I was pregnant and was just praying that I wouldn't throw up on the preacher during the ceremony. 

We've been married almost 8 years now, so I guess it all turned out alright.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Oh gosh no, which is what makes the wedding stories more fun...LOLL......I was going to wear my moms dress but when you have a dress dry cleaned that has been through a fire and has smoke damage it she went throught paper and went trying on dresses (we were the same size at the time) so I didn't see my dress until the day I met them in Tahoe for the wedding (this was pre picture phones so know way of knowing...)  Then we just picked a place out of the phone book wound up being an AWESOME place.....then the preacher was late, the best man got lost and was late and he was with my matron of honor.....then my hubs was so nervous he put his WHITE tux jacket on my dad filthy car, then when it was time to sign the marriage certificate he wiped everything off the ladies desk.....oh what memories....but that was 20 years ago, so guess we weren't jinxed, LOL.....

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Well I had to walk down the aisle with a cast on.  5 weeks before the wedding, I broke my leg. My husband broke his elbow 2 weeks before the wedding, though he wasn't in a sling anymore. The cake lady, or the flower lady, not sure which cus neither took responsibility, forgot the flowers for the top of the cake, and the flowers that were on the rest of the cake were NOT the flowers I ordered, cus they didn't match any of the other flowers. My friend had to run to the floral shop to buy flowers for my topper.  Other than that, and my MIL playing her childish selfish games, it all went very smoothly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)