Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I took the plunge!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

Im tossing all my tampons and pads! I ordered my first mama cloth and a diva cup! I got the pads from here, a friend in a cloth diapering group Im in...

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=58727&vid=3448

and the diva cup i got from amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GQ7AAU/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aydens_mom620
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM

*by tossing, I mean donating to the hispanic ministry!

SillyRooster
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM

How many years can you use the diva cup before you have to toss it?

aydens_mom620
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Q. What is the lifespan of The DivaCup? When should I replace The DivaCup?
A. Because of the personal, hygienic nature of the product, we recommend that a menstrual cup be replaced at least once a year, depending on the factors unique to each woman like vaginal pH, how well and often the cup is cleaned, what cleansing agents are used, etc. The U.S. FDA requires us to provide women our informed opinion based on our experience concerning all aspects of our product. Other personal care items like contact lenses and toothbrushes are replaced regularly; similarly, a year’s use of a menstrual cup represents 120-160 uses! Our long experience in the menstrual cup category, as well as consulting tens of thousands of women on the use of menstrual cups, lead us to indicate a yearly replacement. Ultimately, it is still up to the consumer to decide when she feels it is necessary to replace the cup.
Quoting SillyRooster:

How many years can you use the diva cup before you have to toss it?

SillyRooster
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I've been thinking about taking the diva plunge.  Let me know how it works out for you.

Undomesticated
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM

This is a new one for me.  So, I have to ask, how does it work?  What are the benefits?  I've never even heard of the product.

aydens_mom620
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Here is the full site on the diva cup!

http://www.divacup.com/

you use it inside like a tampon, it collects your flow, you can use it for a full 12 hrs straight, empty it, rinse and reinsert for another 12 hrs.  im going to use mama cloth while home, and the diva cup while out.  i've heard nothing but great reviews on this so i thought i'd give it a try to ease the cost of my "supplies". 

SuperMommy408
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I want to do that to i am going to look on the website i might be ordering me some today !!

oliver6
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM

ok, now i'm waiting for reviews from you. this is the first i have ever heard about it.

aydens_mom620
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM

haha, sure thing!  right now i just Spot a little since i have a IUD, but im getting it out and we're gonna TTC so i will post what i think about them both for sure!

Quoting oliver6:

ok, now i'm waiting for reviews from you. this is the first i have ever heard about it.

Juniper53098
by on Apr. 23, 2010 at 7:55 AM

I've been using mama cloth since February and got my diva cup last month.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!  I have TLS (tubal ligation syndrome) which causes extremely heavy periods.  I soak a super plus tampon in 1 1/2 hrs.  I can wear my diva cup for 3 hrs without leaking.  It is very comfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)