Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you love your pets?????

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

how much do you love your pets?

i love my pets so so much!! I love to wake up in the morning, as they all sleep in my bed and kiki stays curled up with me and ricki bobby sleeps at my feet and when i wke up i give them kissies, and i lean over and wake up ricki to tell him its morning and of course my little pocket( 3 lb chihuahua) i wake him and put him out to pee and i make us all breakfast and we all eat together....I love to wake up to my lovely pets as they love us so so much...i even take them on my vacations with me...

do you love your pets?

ok, when i mean eat breakfast together, they eat in their designated areas and i eat at the table...lol

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mary229
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM

To be honest...  I liked my pets a lot more before I had kids.  Before having kids, my pets WERE my kids.  But now they're just extra mouths to feed & extra bodies vying for my attention.  For example, it drives me INSANE that one of my cats decides to meow incessantly at my door at 6:30 AM on a Saturday - my only day to sleep in - because I haven't filled his food dish yet.  I never used to mind before, but now that I'm lucky if I'm not woken up 4 times a night by one or the other of my children, it REALLY irritates me.  And my cats have a knack for walking right under my feet.  I'm too busy trying to avoiding tripping over toys on the floor to have to worry about cats too!  And it never fails...  8:30 PM when I finally have the kids in bed and might get to sit down and have some quiet time for two seconds that a cat will jump into my lap.  I guess since the kids have gone to bed, they feel it's their turn to get some attention.  But that's my time to relax and I don't want to have to pet a cat if I don't feel like it.  Selfish, I know.  I used to love it when the kitties wanted to snuggle with me.  Now I just want to be left alone.

Mom2theboy1994
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I adore my goofy cats. They piss me off at 4AM begging to be fed, but other than that they are a hoot. We've discovered one of our cats, (aptly named Squirrel) acts like a crack-head when she's given catnip...fun for everyone, LOL!

My SIL once asked, "So do you spoil your cats?" My brother looked at her and said "Uh, have you MET Kim? Is there anything or anyone she doesn't spoil?" 

My cats are super-spoiled, lol.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I love my cats so much I spoil them rotten.

onehotmom8300
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Not much at all, I would never have owned a pet, if it were not for my brother he lost everything (to drugs) and I am stuck with his dog, I don't want to take it to the pound because he's old and they would put him down, I do have a heart I guess but I will never own another pet after this one passes. I think dog are...well dogs and they gross me out sorry to the pets lovers I am just not one of them!

onlymikesstacia
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I love my dogs very much, they are spoiled rotten!

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Before I leave the house or when Iget home, I make sure to "make my rounds".  I have to speak (say bye or hi) to each and every one of them (I have 5 cats).

Terri

brandoneaglemom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:51 PM

well i will say this....as your kiddies leave home or become teens and gone most of the time...you will be glad to be greeted at the door by your pet...who has been very loyal for yrs to you....its nice and warm knowing that your pets cry at the door for your love and attention....i think once we adopt them and own them it is our responsibilty to give them 5 minutes a day....bc their lives are  very short indeed and they deserve to be acknowledged as we are the only ones that can give me that love....just giving them 5 minutes out of your busy day to tell them you love them...is better than none at all...i would never want my pet to leave this earth thinking that i never loved them let alone acknowledge them..as they are our family in every way and they are our protector as we sleep at night and we owe them that much!!!!!

ashtam01
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Here's my oldest baby she's 7 and named Jade

Here's my 3 yr old baby - Lilly

My dogs are my world - they have never been left alone over night - if we go somewhere they go too... I even hired my best friend to babysit them for a weekend when we had to go to OK CIty and they couldn't go LOL

GLiTTeRguRL1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM

We've had our cat Snowball, for almost 7yrs and our York-Poo Miss Sidney, for almost 3yrs. I am more of a dog lover.  I treat my dog like one of my own kids. Our cat, is my daughter's cat. I can't imagine life without Sidney. She is a true blessing.

NoSlippy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I loved my cat so much and took care of him very well. I fed him well, I bought him toys, I spent so much on his litter box (he's very particular with the kind of sand), I spent time with him. But he ran away.

Then after a year and a half of being lost, I find him right in front of our house. That was two days ago, actually. I tried calling him but he doesn't remember me anymore and he scurried away. I thought animals remember scents. Or maybe he just really didn't want anything to do with me anymore :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)