Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POLL: What is the biggest cutback your family has had to make the past year?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: The biggest cutback your family has had to make is:

Options:

medical expenses

cable tv

magazine/newspaper subscriptions

groceries

insurance coverage

after school activities

entertainment

retirement/college savings

restaurant meals

apparel/shoes

nothing

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Biggest cutback...

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Prmomof4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM

everything :( after I left the military it has been hell trying to find a job and we live on bare necessities only

owensmom34
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I just want to say thank you so much for serving our country!!!

I sure hope you find a job very soon! 

Quoting Prmomof4:

everything :( after I left the military it has been hell trying to find a job and we live on bare necessities only

jeweldog
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM

How about all of the above... but I would say entertainment edges the others out.

staceyLM
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:50 AM

I would say cell phone. We do nnot have a contract with a company..we use the GO phones. we dont go out that much anyhow to make it a cut back. i am looking for  a cheaper phone company ..comcast is exspensive really..

jlm2676
by Jen on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I think for us it was the insurance coverage.  Dh got a new job in January and when he could enroll in their insurance we were paying $230.00 a week.  One reason DH got a new job was because he wasn't getting paid enough and with the insurance coming out he was getting paid pretty much what his old job was paying him.  We went this last week to get private health insurance which will save us about $600.00 a month.

kristielee79
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM

We've cut from pretty much everything. I used to love buying my kids clothes constantly, but I try to do it all now for holidays and birthdays (and school of course). We don't order out (occasionally pizza or when I take the kids to the doctors or something, we'll stop and eat somewhere). I try to stay away from the grocery store (I sat down last year and almost died when I totaled up  a month's worth of grocery receipts and it was around $900!). We also used to go to the beach every year, and we haven't gone now for the past 2 years = [

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)