Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets Share!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering what are some of the little tricks of cleaning that us moms have picked up on over the years to make our days a little easier.  I have found that if u put a cup of water in the microwave and turn it on for like 5 minutes u can wipe off all the nasty, hard crusty stuff that ends up in there.  I have also learned that if u put a alkaselzier tablet in the toliet and let it sit for a little bit, it makes ur toliet look so clean and new.  Please share ur tricks

by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kristielee79
by on May. 1, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Wesley's tire white bleach works GREAT on appliances that get greasy, like the outside of your stove!! It's also super easy to clean everything in the bathroom right after the shower is run because the steams loosens everything up and makes it wipe right off. Oh, and Magic Eraser = LOVE !! lol

wolfmomma30
by on May. 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Will alkaseltzer take of the water ring in the toilet as well?? I am definately going to try that.

The only trick I have is kind of a funny one but it really works. If you have a pair of your fave sock that are a little dingy and not so white anymore. Put in just a tad of lemon juice and 1 or 2 cups of water and boil it on the stove. Soak the socks for about 5 minutes and they should renew the whiteness again. It really works. Oh and a funny prank to pull on the kids. Tell them your making sock soup and then show them; their expression is priceless LOL!!

Lily23
by on May. 1, 2010 at 3:12 AM

I don't have too many tricks lol.  I also use the water in the microwave except I add lemon to it.  I also use coffee filters to clean the windows.  I also use a toothbrush to clean hard to reach places but I think most of us are familiar with that.  Oh and when I dust the ceiling fans, I use an old pillow case and place it over the entire blade then wipe it off.  All of the dust is trapped in the pillow case rather than on your floor. 

My tricks consist of being highly organized in my cleaning so I can stay on top of it.  I use http://www.flylady.net/which is a site that helps you stay on top of housecleaning so you don't forget the little things like baseboards and blinds lol.  It saves me so much time and I have a regular schedule that myself and the entire family can follow.  Its a really nice system. 

avasmom27
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

yep alkeselter gets rid of the ring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)