• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

This year on my 39th birthday i was a bit apprehensive about turning 40 and since 2 of my kids have moved out i was dealing with emptynest syndrome and a little depression and that has passed and lately i also have decided to embrace life and finally enjoy being young still and maybe finally get some of our life back!! ya know live a little and our other son graduates next yr and he will hopefully be off to college....a little sad bc it will be final!! My daughter called me last night from sc to inform me that she was.......expecting!

We are going to be grandparents...we were worried, happy thrilled and even a little sad and depressed, and I have never been filled with so much emotion in my entire life. being a grandma really changes you. im not old by no means and im not young either..in between. But, me and dh are so so so thrilled and tickled pink and we both have never said the word grandparents and the way they were going we didnt think it was gonna happen. My baby is having a baby...and im just filled with so much sadness bc she lives so faraway and i wont get the excitement of seeing her pregnant and we will be there for her delivery of course but i know it will change things for us all.

i just wanted to share my joy and happiness to you all!!

She is due Jan 1 2011 so i hope its a new year baby!!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissGreenEyes
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Congratulations!!  I can't even imagine... time just flies.. You look great, btw. :)

ShaunnaMichelle
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Yay! Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 2, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Congratulations!

FrostedDarkness
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM

How exciting! Hopefully it will be several years before I am a grandmother but heck, I just think it will be the most wonderful thing ever!

kristielee79
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Awwww, congratulations!!!!!! My MOm was 39 when I got pregnant with my oldest DD and she was thrilled also. Ther'es nothing like the love of a Grammy and Pappy = ]

jennshart
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I can't imagine getting to that point in my life.  Congratulations!!

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Congrats!!! 

mommymelissa76
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Congratulations!

TwinMomma122304
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Congratulations!  Thank goodness for the computer age - you can experience so much of it with her *virtually!*  I lived far away from my parents when I was pregnant the first time, and I would take a picture every month and email it to them, and call them after every doctor's appointment, and scan all my ultrasounds so they could see!  It was hard being away from my mom, but I did as much as I could to involve them in  everything!  :) 

krystlewv
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Congratulations to you and your daughter!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)