Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your least favorite chore that comes with having children?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

We all love our kiddos, but everyone has one chore that they just really wish someone else would do for them.  Mine is cleaning up the highchair and surrounding areas.  I know it's really something little, and maybe it's because I do it at LEAST three times a day, but I can't stand it.  Maybe it's because no matter how hard I try; nothing short of taking it outside and hosing it down really  ever gets all the crumbs, gunk, and everything else out of all the little cracks.  I dont even keep the cushion on it anymore because it was just nasty.  But  really I think the thing that bothers me most about it is that after I get it and the floor clean, I still have to  clean the rest of kitchen......again..(sigh)

Anyway so I am just curious to see what chore you lovely ladies would be happy to pawn off!!!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annette74
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I hate scrubbing the shower...I do it but I hate it because it's so time consuming...it's tile and I have to make sure it's scrubbed good or I don't feel like it's clean enough for the kids to step foot in.

heavensdaughter
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM

It's the easiest thing in the world but I hate sweeping every 10 seconds in the kitchen.  Most of my children are big enough that the shouldn't have to crumb all over everything all the time!

momof754
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:52 PM

i hate doing the laundry

sed34
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Keeping my kitchen floor clean, I feel like I have to sweep it every 5 minutes and mop it more than once a day....but I don't!! I used to, but my Dh said I was getting OCD over the floor,lol! Now I sweep it in the am and pm and mop it every other day.

peasinapod4me
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Laundry.....it's a never ending job. Wash.....dry......fold......put away and it starts all over again before I'm even done!!

steelcrazy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Now that the kids have gotten older, they have picked up the slack and do alot of the chores that I can't stand.  If I had to pick 1, I'd have to say cleaning up vomit because it makes me want to vomit! lol  I usually leave it for hubby to clean up or the boys have learned to clean it up themselves.

When they were babies I hated changie poopy diapers, I almost puked every time.

bexy28
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM

one thing i can stand is going to do the dishes granit i have a dishwasher and no its not the hubby everythime i load the thing up and their is a little room i start it up i go into one of the rooms and thier is a dish lying their sometimes it makes me want to scream

nmjordan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Poopy diapers!

jlm2676
by Jen on May. 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Cleaning up after them.  Before kids I could clean on the weekend and maybe vacuum once during the week.  Now I am constantly cleaning up to make the house look nice.  As soon as DS is down for a nap or for the night I start cleaning up again and as soon as he is up it looks like a tornado just came through!

phillipsa80
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:47 PM

definitely cleaning up vomit!!! Most of the time i do pawn it off on DH!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)