Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies I need your support... ~*UPDATED*~

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am at such a loss for words. My grandfather who has been battling pancreatic cancer was sent back to the hospital tonight in sever abdominal pain. He was suppose to start his second round of chemo next week. In the meantime my son came to me last nigh and said mom I found a lump in my chest. It is the size of a grape and behind his nipple. We have a big history of cancer in our family on both sides. His great aunt died of breast cancer, his other great aunt died of thyroid cancer, his grandmother had breast and ovarian cancer but is in remission. His other great aunt also had breast cancer and is a survivor.

I of course googled it and it came up with gynecomastia (spelling may be off) or breast cancer. i know it rare for children to have cancer and only 1% chance for him to get breast cancer but with my family history I am scared. I have an appt with his pediatrician tomorrow. What ever it is cant be good. I mean hes a teenage boy who gets changed for gym. Hes very skinny and when he took his shirt off i noticed his one areola was sticking out further than the other.

I'm keeping y fingers crossed for both of them but not sure how much I can handle with Cancer taking out all my loved ones. simple frown

***UPDATE*** My son was diagnosed with Gynoclamstia. Apparently 20 % of boys get this when going through puberty. It has to do with his hormones. If he brest tissue gets too large they will operate to remove it, however the dr said most boys it just gets absorbed back into the body as they grow.

As far as my gpa...I'm sorry to say he lost his battle with pancreatic cancer 5/11/10. He was surrounded by 24 of his loving family members when he entered heaven. It has been living hell since he passed. My grandmothers sister just passed away tuesday of the same thing my grandfather had. So within a week she lost her husband and sister. Now she is dealing with having to put her cat to sleep and prepare to put her home for sale. I dont know how to make this time any easier for her other thann help when she asks.

Thank you all for your support, thoughts and prayers. Cafemom members have been there through the toughest times of my life. I dont know where I would be without you ladies!!!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahtabatha
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM

(((((HUGS))))) Hoping your son has nothing serious.

montiel
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:33 PM

sadSorry you're going through that momma.  You and your family will be in my prayers tonight. Hope you get comforting news tomorrow.

mommieangelx4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I am sorry you are going through so much with your family. I will keep them in my prayers.

ShaunnaMichelle
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I hope you get good news at the pediatrician tomorrow and not bad news. I know with the history of cancer in your family it is difficult to focus on the more benign possibilities, but there are also lymph nodes in that area that can become swollen and they will feel like lumps too. Not saying that is what it is...but maybe? My son gets them in his neck and his underarms all the time. I hope it's something that simple.

hopelessdork
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Sorry to hear you're going thru all of this. Hopefully it's nothing serious with your son. *hugs*

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 3, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Sorry to hear that you are going through all of this. I hope everything is okay with your son.

Wyldbutterfly
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Sorry you are going through all of this. I hope and pray for your son and Grandfather. I hope you get good news at the pediatrician today. ((((HUGS))))

cfdm3s_mommy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Oh momma, My heart is breaking for you.

(((Big Hugs)))

I hope everything with your son is ok.

danibeck
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:58 AM

THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS!  I know your mind is spinning and thinking the worst but please TRY to be optimistic!  Your son needs your support right now!  Keep your chin up girl!  And good luck!

barbie_626
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:00 AM

prayers going to you all....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)