Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How old were you when you had your first child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you want to have him/her earlier in life?  Later in life?  Or was it perfect timing?  I honestly would've liked to have my son earlier, being that he's my only child and I was 30 when I had him. 

by on May. 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Replies (3451-3460):
KylesMom409
Well, Kyle had his first sleepover last night at his friend's house and it was successful! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when I pick him up.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Linnette on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Best wishes and keep us posted!

Quoting elissak:

I was 19 and about to turn 20 two months later. Now i'm 36 and she's 16! My husband and I still want more so keep us in prayer please! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dekotasmama
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I was 19 when I had my first baby
kimmy_1330
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM

My first was born 3 months before my 20th birthday.

Chloesdream
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My little girl just turned 1; I had her when I was 31. It has been a great gift from God with a great deal of challenges as well. I sometimes think it would've been better having her at a younger age but then I realize all the things I did then as I enjoyed my hobbies and college life wouldn't have been possible. So I try to do my best everyday and give God thanks for the things just how they have come into my life!

ronvot
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I expected to get married and have kids in my early twenties, instead I had DS when I was 30 and got married later. It was never a case of planning or wanting, it was just my expectations versus real life. I am very happy with the way things worked out and wouldn't change a thing.
2boysnagrl
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

My oldest son, Xzavier who is now 11, was born 4 days before my 21st birthday. I am very happy he was born when he was. Because he kept me responsible in my 20s. I then had my son Aaron and my daughter Autumn in my late 20s. An 2 months ago my son Jayden at the age 32.

AnAngelsKiss
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I was 16 yeah I would have prefered to wait until after college. I had 2 kiddos when I started college at 19.
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I was 23 years old when I had my son. I struggled with infertility for many years.

SassyLeigh
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I was 19 with Kaylee, 22 with Alyssa, 29 with Braydon and 31 with Elayna! I'm glad I had kids early, be young and active with them! I'm a little worn out now but love that I'm still able to keep up with them!!
mysweet1s
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I had my first child 6 days shy of my 26th birthday (Rem - now almost 12.)  I got pregnant with him before I thought I would (I was still finishing up my graduate work when I got pregnant), but the timing ended up working out just fine.   Another couple of years might have been nice, but I wouldn't trade him for the world...he's just THE BEST kid ever! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)